Is this set up right for a Yemen chameleon?

Good set up or bad?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG_9801.jpeg

He finished his shed about 4 days ago and just noticed today he’s seems to be shedding again? Is that normal

View attachment 354642
What I feed the locust, along with the recommended greens on your photos on the forum. Silk worms get the mulberry mulch stuff, but usually just buy a box a time as as pet shop is on way home from work.
View attachment 354643View attachment 354644
This I was told once weekly but if giving D3 make sure other end of the week, eg: this monday, D3 friday
View attachment 354645View attachment 354646
This is what I dust locust with to give him his d3 as it contains it and calcium, so on the 1st and 15th of month he gets this
View attachment 354647
The calcium he gets every meal (other than D3 or vit-A-Min days) as shown contains nothing else.
Ok so the Exoterra multivitamin has D3 in it so if you are using this 2 times a month you would not want to use anything else with D3. The VitAMin... Just found this... So if it is 2,500 IU per Lb then you would be ok to use this but I would only use it every other week. Then you would the calcium without D3 at all other feedings.

You live somewhere that you can not get Repashy supplements, correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 7.18.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 7.18.22 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Ok so the Exoterra multivitamin has D3 in it so if you are using this 2 times a month you would not want to use anything else with D3. The VitAMin... Just found this... So if it is 2,500 IU per Lb then you would be ok to use this but I would only use it every other week. Then you would the calcium without D3 at all other feedings.

You live somewhere that you can not get Repashy supplements, correct?
No nothing else has d3 from what I can see, I’ll go down to every other week with the vit-A-Min I think he’s only had it twice since I’ve bought it anyway.

I cannot find a repashy that says for chams just the bannna one. I’m glad the sheds normal I just didn’t know if so soon was a worry.

One last thing is I’ve never seen him drink, I took his dripper plant out and his urate was really yellow I put it back in and it’s mostly white with bits of yellow, I spray everything with a rain maker and let it spray for a good time making sure everything is drenched before work, I get home and everything is dry but he has his dripper then at about 8 just after his lights go off spray again and it’s still got drips on leaves in the morning,I’m just not sure if he drinks it or strictly from the dripper, there’s nothing in the water bar reptisafe, but that’s in the rainmaker aswell? humidity always between 45-55, he dosnt seem ill or anything mostly happy to come out and chill around the bedroom on the head board relaxed, sometime he dosnt want to come out and let’s it be known, them days he gets to chill in his viv.

I’m probably rambling and just over worried but want him to have the best life.

No nothing else has d3 from what I can see, I’ll go down to every other week with the vit-A-Min I think he’s only had it twice since I’ve bought it anyway.

I cannot find a repashy that says for chams just the bannna one. I’m glad the sheds normal I just didn’t know if so soon was a worry.

One last thing is I’ve never seen him drink, I took his dripper plant out and his urate was really yellow I put it back in and it’s mostly white with bits of yellow, I spray everything with a rain maker and let it spray for a good time making sure everything is drenched before work, I get home and everything is dry but he has his dripper then at about 8 just after his lights go off spray again and it’s still got drips on leaves in the morning,I’m just not sure if he drinks it or strictly from the dripper, there’s nothing in the water bar reptisafe, but that’s in the rainmaker aswell? humidity always between 45-55, he dosnt seem ill or anything mostly happy to come out and chill around the bedroom on the head board relaxed, sometime he dosnt want to come out and let’s it be known, them days he gets to chill in his viv.

I’m probably rambling and just over worried but want him to have the best life.
So the dripper fake plants are not recommended because they can grow bacteria. Just no way to keep them clean enough. Most of us put a dripper on top of the cage to drip through the screen onto live plants below.

So the dripper fake plants are not recommended because they can grow bacteria. Just no way to keep them clean enough. Most of us put a dripper on top of the cage to drip through the screen onto live plants below.
The pump has a sponge filter that I clean daily and change weekly with some sponge I’ve found that fits from fish tank filter, clean all removable weekly with reptile safe disinfectant and through rinsing. I’ll take it out if it forces him to drink off leaves, how long is “safe” for him to have yellow urite before changing tactics as I belive hornworms are banned here in the uk for live food

Back
Top Bottom