Recent content by MissSkittles

  1. MissSkittles

    Storing silkworm eggs ?

    For some reason I always end up with mostly males. The extras make nice treats for my chameleons, although I do feel bad for the pretty little moths. I tried to find info on how to sex them when they are still caterpillars, but there’s not much out there. I did find one thing that offered some...
  2. MissSkittles

    Puffy eyes

    Meal worms are not good staple feeders at all. If you look at the graphic below, it explains that they are a poor source of nutrition. I think I can count on 2 fingers the number of times I’ve given my chameleons and bearded dragons meal worms in the past 6-7 years. You would do better with...
  3. MissSkittles

    September 2026 Photo Contest

    💗🌺Technically and in the broader sense, we are all winners for having such incredible and beautiful animals in our lives. 🌺💗 But all hippy-dippyness and peace/love crap aside, @Brad who won?
  4. MissSkittles

    Storing silkworm eggs ?

    Try: https://www.educationalscience.com/reptile-supplies www.mulberryfarms.com/silkworm-eggs-c23/ Afaik, those are the primary, possibly only sources for eggs. There is Carolina Biological, but they sell only very small quantities, like 25 eggs. You could take a chance and check with silkworm...
  5. MissSkittles

    tomatoes

    I’m not sure about if tomatoes are toxic. I know the leaves and green parts are. I like to err on the side of safety so would say not to use them as a gutload. I have no idea how long roaches keep food or possible food toxins in their systems. @Motherlode Chameleon most likely can answer your...
  6. MissSkittles

    New enclosure!! 4’x2’x4’

    It looks great! Perfect to have branches at different levels below basking light for your chameleon to have a choice in temps and uvb exposure. It looks like a good amount of branches to my eyes. As your plants grow in they too will be used as walkways. Great job! 💗
  7. MissSkittles

    Veiled chameleon

    Hi and welcome! 🙂 Unfortunately, there aren’t really dedicated breeders of veileds the same as there are for panthers. However, there is one breeder who breeds veileds every now and then, is a fantastic repeatable breeder and just so happens to have some veileds right now...
  8. MissSkittles

    Scored!

    I just posted some pics of one of my chams and his tradescantia zebrina is directly behind him. You can see how pinkish/purple it becomes. Beneath him the light green leaf is a neon pothos and mixed in is an umbrella plant (schefflera).
  9. MissSkittles

    1 minute story with Bart

    Bart has the habit of thinking everything is food and will shoot at it first and ask questions later. Even when I bring him some yummies, he tries eating the deli cup before even noticing the bugs running or squirming around in it. As you can plainly see, he is starving. I just wanted to get a...
  10. MissSkittles

    Scored!

    I love tradescantia zebrina for a beautiful little pop of some color, plus it grows so very easily, vines and you can make new plants from clippings. Usually it will vine downwards, but I found when I had one against a wall, it vined upwards, which was super cool. They do like a good amount of...
  11. MissSkittles

    New enclosure!! 4’x2’x4’

    I’ll be excited to see when it’s done! It’s so much fun setting up enclosures. Make sure to add lots of highways with varied diameters to exercise feet muscles well. I don’t know about dripper plants, but if you want to add a dripper, there is a very simple and inexpensive option…a plastic party...
  12. MissSkittles

    Scored!

    Good deal! Do make sure to wash and rinse them well though and if you can let them air dry outside for a day, that would be awesome…gotta get all the manufacturing dust and odor off. I am going to advocate for safe live plants…I hope you have at least a nice pothos or something else that is...
  13. MissSkittles

    Puffy eyes

    She’ll find it. I pretty much let most of my bsfl pupate into fun flying treats to keep my chams stimulated.
  14. MissSkittles

    baby chameleon closed both eyes please help!!!

    Oh my goodness! I’m so glad that your baby is okay. Just keep an eye on her, as I know you’re already doing. Just so you know, when chameleons get bruises, they are black. Also, when threatened and no other way out, they will drop from their tree to the ground so are more tolerant of falling...
  15. MissSkittles

    Finally ready

    Have you checked out the breeders who sponsor the forum? All have excellent reputations and gorgeous animals. You may save a few $$ by buying at an expo, random breeder, etc but usually you get what you pay for. https://www.chameleonforums.com/sponsors/?tag=chameleons
Back
Top Bottom