4 month old Fatboy Ambilobe Panther - All you can eat style feeding?

bigant25

Hello I have a 4 month old Ambilobe Panther Chameleon I purchased from one of the site sponsors, He is very active and growing very fast, So overall i would say that He is doing great and eating everything in sight. I am a first time chameleon owner so im still feeling my way through being a good parent but i think im doing well so far ( not to pat myself on the back or anything right)

I noticed he is getting very very plump and perhaps a little overweight, he is a little fatboy.

Should I CONTINUE to feed him as much as he will eat each day or should i limit his intake to "x" amount of crickets and "x" amount of worms per day.

Currently I am feeding him a diet of between 6-8 large crickets per day, along with either 1 fat tomato horn worm... OR 6-8 Large cricks per day along with 3 or 4 superworms.

Should I limit his intake and reduce what i am feeding him each day, or should i continue to let him go "all you can eat" buffet style while he is still a juvenile?

Any expert input is truly appreciated, part "b" of my question is ...

AT WHAT POINT SHOULD I LIMIT HIS INTAKE AND WHAT IS A GOOD # of CRICKS/WORMS per day i should be feeding him and at what age ? thanks for any help in advance.

Can you post a picture? He may not actually be overweight. He is probably growing, young chameleons are supposed to have big appetites.

they usually slow down on their own. if you can post a picture, we can tell you more specifically what is happening with your cham.

Back
Top Bottom