A snail made its way into Spikes enclosure???

Steve A

Chameleon Enthusiast
Forgot to post this over the weekend. So the other day, yeah.....I found a snail in my chameleons enclosure lmao specifically in the crickets window feeder! This is so weird. Anyone see anything like this before? No idea how it would even get there.... my entire enclosure is screen. I guess he could have gone up the wood frame??

20240331_085124.jpg

Looks like Spike got a fun little treat!
lol he didn't get to eat it... at least I don't think????

When I removed it the shell itself was just stuck there.... No snail! I wonder if he did somehow eat it without the shell :ROFLMAO:

I have gotten them and the snails are just tiny as heck. Part of why I always repot and spray the heck out of new enclosure plants. lol
I did repot! Well not the small pothos because they ship in organic. I guess it could have come from one of those lol

Did you strip the old dirt and spray the heck out of the leaves?
With the palms and large pothos yes. Not the small pothos because they advertise them as being safe as they ship. The large pothos and palms I got from lowes though. So we were really careful with those

With the palms and large pothos yes. Not the small pothos because they advertise them as being safe as they ship. The large pothos and palms I got from lowes though. So we were really careful with those
Yeah they can hatch out of the soil.

Forgot to post this over the weekend. So the other day, yeah.....I found a snail in my chameleons enclosure lmao specifically in the crickets window feeder! This is so weird. Anyone see anything like this before? No idea how it would even get there.... my entire enclosure is screen. I guess he could have gone up the wood frame??

View attachment 353794
I found one recently as well, and pretty sure it was on a new plant I got 😂

I found one recently as well, and pretty sure it was on a new plant I got 😂
lol! wild. The thing is for me..... I haven't added any recently. I swapped out some of the smaller pothos months and months ago. But everything else has been in there since BEFORE I got Spike. I wonder if he just made his way into my house because of the enclosure 'environment' from outside.

lol! wild. The thing is for me..... I haven't added any recently. I swapped out some of the smaller pothos months and months ago. But everything else has been in there since BEFORE I got Spike. I wonder if he just made his way into my house because of the enclosure 'environment' from outside.
That is really odd. I was pretty shocked to see one as well… but it was easily explainable in my case, and when I found it it was already in my drain bucket … it would be interesting to know where it came from 😂

Back
Top Bottom