All silkworm experts....

Kushcham

Established Member
I am trying to see if there is a way to move the silkworms without manually moving each one. The setup im using is a large, shallow, tupperware with plastic canvas at the bottom. I have extra canvas cutouts that ive been switching daily when I change out any chow that has not been eaten. But even after a day they can make a mess on and around the food with silk. Is there an easier way to transfer them? I appreciate any tips!

place a netting on top of the silks with the new food on top and they will crawl through the holes to get to the new food, most of them anyway. then just move the whole netting ( I use fabric netting that can be washed )

I asked exactly the same question before - it is so time consuming to move them al to new food! What I was told is to keep them in a longer/wider tub and then put a strip of food in there at one side, then when you need to move them, lay nother strip of food next to the first and the worms will crawl to it themselves! It really works! I had a lot just hatch this morning so I put some food next to them and a few hours later they had mostly all moved onto it leaving just a few to move over myself.

Back
Top Bottom