Alternatives to egg crate?

TortoiseAvenger

I have over 1500 dubia roaches coming my way but no egg crate. I can get used stuff from my local pet store, but I didn't spend the money on roaches to smell cricket poop.

I wondered about folded or crumpled card stock... I'm saving up toilet paper and paper towel rolls, but unless I greatly increase my consumption of Mexican food, this will take awhile.

Ideas?

Yep, check with any restaurant that sells breakfast. Usually they go through at least like 5 egg crates a day (just estimating for restaurants like Denny's)... The egg crates are TRASH to them, so most will willingly give the crates to you for free.

I've never used anything but crates and tubes for mine, so I dunno.

I have over 1500 dubia roaches coming my way but no egg crate. I can get used stuff from my local pet store, but I didn't spend the money on roaches to smell cricket poop.

I wondered about folded or crumpled card stock... I'm saving up toilet paper and paper towel rolls, but unless I greatly increase my consumption of Mexican food, this will take awhile.

Ideas?

If your petstore has an overstock, they'll give you unused, new egg crates for free. :D

I hardly ever use egg crates- mostly I use paper towel and toilet paper cardboard tubes. Ask friends and relatives to save for you.

Back
Top Bottom