Another horror story

Shaunny

So I went into a garden centre on the way back from shooting today and they had this little guy in there :-(

He is a Yeman and I worked out to be about 4-5 months. He is clearly ill and after being there for nearly 2 hours I made them take him to the vets. I made them let me hold him and the poor thing is hanging on to his life by a thread! He could barely move and would almost faint all of a sudden when I my hand.

They had only been misting him 2 times a day and took the dropper out because the manager said it was making too much mess etc. I got them to turn it back on and hold it over his head which he did drink a very small amount. He is so weak he struggles so I managed to get some small drops down him with a syringe.

Can only hope the vests can save him and I may be having another chameleon if he survives :)

Wow that's b$&@s$&t
That really sickens me. Manager took it out because of the mess.. Then don't get a chameleon in the first place!!
Innocent little guy is going to die now because of the ignorance of others.

they were not going too take him because it meant one of the staff having to go. the manager couldn't because he had to lock up. they are going to call me tomorrow with the outcome

Oh my. I've never seen a veiled in such bad shape. :(

Hopefully he gets better. He deserves to live out the rest of his days with a good owner, with lots of privacy, and attention.

Well I rang them this morning and they have been given fluid injections to do themselves and also a liquid food and feeding tube. I told the the proper set up and they were in the middle of setting a new enclosure up for him. Fingers crossed

Very sad. Poor lizard. I wish people would spend a little more time screening potential reptile buyers...also, it disgust me when people who do not value the lives of these creatures, acquire these creatures...not fair.

Back
Top Bottom