Any California or Florida CF members willing to send me katydids and or grasshoppers?

I think they said it was illegal to send sell them in the US since they are considered a pest. I know seems odd to me too but there are some really stupid laws still out there. My sister joined a sorority when she went to school but they could not have a house around their campus because a house with more than 3 women in it was considered a whore house and that was the county law!

Yeah, I got your PM and have been looking into it. So far I have found nothing pointing to it being legal. Have you found any literature stating otherwise?

I think that might be illegal :unsure:
I might be wrong....

No it is perfectly legal. I asked someone off of reddit and this is what they said.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    979.2 KB · Views: 181
Well Reddit wouldn't be my first choice of reliable source but I respect there opinion. When it comes to shipping anything they are specific rules. Using the rule "insects" is a very broad statement. The reason you can't find breeders that ship is because they can't without going to jail.

You can ship "drugs" if you like. Ship aspirin and you would be fine. Ship some crack and see how that works out. :coffee:

It is illegal in the state of Florida, also crickets can be shipped, doesn't mean insects considered an agricultural pest can be. Dubias can't be sent to Florida, but according to that Reddit post, shouldn't be a problem right?

Chase

Back
Top Bottom