Baby veiled not eating a lot

Tommy Naples

Hey guys my baby veiled chameleon is not eating that much maybe like 6 crickets a day or in some cases a couple of moths.

His screen cage is 17" by 17" by 37" there is a dropper in the cage along with a water bottle humidifier there is a UVA 10 light and a 75w basking light the ambient temp is 80 and the basking spot is prob a bit hotter than the ambient the humidity bonuses a bit 60-65% and the temp at night is 65 I have a many vines and safe plants for chameleons in there for him to climb around on an ice had him for about 4 days now is it normal for him not to eat as much as they say the Babies should oh and he's around 3 months old he looks healthy when he climbs around he changes his patterns and rarely turns a dark color can someone give me some pointers :)

It's pretty normal for them not to eat much right away. I am surprised it's eating at all ^^ it's appetite will pick up no worries

Do you have a UVB bulb? If not, you need one. What is a uva 10 bulb? Do you mean 10.0 uvb? A basking bulb that provided heat emits uva rays. So if you have a basking bulb and another "uva" bulb then they are one in th same.

Yes my bad it's a UVB 10 sorry for the mistake hes just got me worried I want to make sure he has a long and happy life thanks for the help guys :)

Back
Top Bottom