Baby Veiled Shedding for the first time

Hey guys!

I have a baby veiled chameleon and he is is about 3 months old, I've only had him for two weeks. Yesterday was the first time when he started shedding! I'm so excited to see this baby Rango grow!

I was wondering if there's anything I need to do during his shedding time? Maybe spray the terrarium more often? And how long does the shedding usually take?

Here's a picture of Rango shedding on day 2. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 265
Rango's a little cutie! I recommend some extra mist time for shedding. When they are young they shed pretty quickly. As they get older veileds shed in sections. My guys normally have some shed on them somewhere at all times.

Rango's a little cutie! I recommend some extra mist time for shedding. When they are young they shed pretty quickly. As they get older veileds shed in sections. My guys normally have some shed on them somewhere at all times.

Thank you ☺️ I was misting him a little bit more often today! He is done shedding and he is happy as ever. He celebrated the end of his shedding today with a bunch of crickets haha!

He looks so cool. Wait until they get the white gloves and white boots where the skin in thick :)
Ramping up the humidity can help them shed better, perhaps just add an extra misting session for future point.
Glad hes all done. Bet it wont be long before he starts again they grow flipping fast.

He looks so cool. Wait until they get the white gloves and white boots where the skin in thick :)
Ramping up the humidity can help them shed better, perhaps just add an extra misting session for future point.
Glad hes all done. Bet it wont be long before he starts again they grow flipping fast.

They grow sooooo fast! He doubled in size since we had him and we only had him for like 2 weeks

Yeah warm water is spot on, it goes cold once it goes through the mister. Try spraying it on your hand from a distance its a totally different temp to the water in the mister.

Back
Top Bottom