Backwater Reptiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaggedHorizon

Hello all. Another newb question here and I in no means wish to start a flame war or anything like it, so please keep that in mind. I am about to order my first cham and am ordering a new water dragon for my son at the same time. Backwater seems to ship both animals for one price which would save $50 or so.

The only thing is, they don't show actual pictures of their animals or the ones you're ordering. It makes me, as a brand new cham buyer, a little nervous, but it's probably nothing to worry about. They also don't guarantee the sex.

Does anyone have experience ordering a cham from them? Can you share the experience? If you'd rather direct message me, that would be great too.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

We don't host company reviews on this forum. Look up Fauna Classified Board of Inquiry. They host reviews both good and bad of breeders, sellers, traders, and etc. It should give you all the info you need!

You can usually come to a good conclusion by looking up reviews on youtube. My personal feelings are you should only buy any animal from a reputable breeder who specializes in the animal you are wanting to get. They are usually more expensive but the animal you receive is usually of higher quality than ordering offline, or buying from a commercial business.

I've seen some youtube videos that described that their animals were obviously some wild caught, wrongly sexed, and some were sick or injured. (Ex: one yt user ordered 3 snakes. 2 of which were the wrong sex and died 2 days later)

So I would say no. as cheap as they are, it's too good to be true. I was suspicious too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom