Best chameleon basking bulb

carter29

What is the best day time basking light for my chameleon? Her’s blew this morning and I’m looking to get something that will last her a while. Any suggestions?

For many many years I used a regular household incandescent white light bulb…wattage used determined by the temperature needed.

I’ve always found them too. In fact I always recommend you test where you put it to make sure it’s not hot enough to burn the chameleon by placing your hand inside the cage at the dclosest point you can place your hand (back of the hand facing up), and see if you want to move your hand (don’t play the hero by keeping your hand there when it’s not comfortable!). If you do want to move your hand, then it’s going to likely burn the chameleon.

I’ve always found them too. In fact I always recommend you test where you put it to make sure it’s not hot enough to burn the chameleon by placing your hand inside the cage at the dclosest point you can place your hand (back of the hand facing up), and see if you want to move your hand (don’t play the hero by keeping your hand there when it’s not comfortable!). If you do want to move your hand, then it’s going to likely burn the chameleon.
Send me a picture of your setup.

I don’t have any photos available right now…there are no photos on this tablet and my other things are packed away since I’m planning on moving in the near future.

I’m trying to see if I can find some of my photos on the internet for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom