Best DIY Camouflage Cricket Cup!!!!!!

Jaycesickchild

Hey every1 my friend recently asked me to make a Camouflaged Cricket Cup after they saw mine. So I took this as an opportunity to snap up some pics of the process. I came up with blending in my cricket cup after thinking it ruined the feel of my freerange setup. It just didn't match up with anything so I disguised it. You can also use this to put inside of screen cages and I think they look great!

Here's the How To.(Pictures Below) l
V
If you have already made a cricket cup before or know how to make one skip to the last step.

1) Any plastic beverage container/ large bottles work best for crickets/ smaller ones work very well for and kind of worms.

2) Cut out a square piece in the center for you cham to strike through.

3) You can use mesh or cardboard/ really anything the crickets can climb up
and hot glue this to the inside of the bottle.

4) optional- you can melt down the parts you cut so there are no jagged edges or sharp pieces of plastic you cham can get hurt on. You can never be too careful with these guys.

5) Place velcro strips on the back of the bottle and on the wall to hold it in place. Wire works fine if you are going to use the cup for a screen cage.

6) Purchase any fake flowers, vines, moss, leaves, etc. really what ever you want and use hot glue to place them around the outside of the bottle until all the visible plastic outside parts of the bottle are covered. The Magic Touch!

Enjoy! If anyone decides to try this out let me know how it goes and send some pics of the finished product i'd love to see them!!!!
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• cup3.jpg
    cup3.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 312
  • cup4.jpg
    cup4.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 298
  • cup5.jpg
    cup5.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 263
Forgive me if this question is stupid. I am still a newbie. I am assuming that you load up the crickets or whatever bug into the container? This is to keep the bugs from just staying on the ground and make it easier for the chameleon to get to?

Forgive me if this question is stupid. I am still a newbie. I am assuming that you load up the crickets or whatever bug into the container? This is to keep the bugs from just staying on the ground and make it easier for the chameleon to get to?

Exactly right. :)

As for the cricket cup itself, that is so cool! I want to pretty mine up, now!

Back
Top Bottom