Best type of bulb

Hey what's the best type of bulb for a 2' x 2' x 4' tall screened cage for a chameleon

Either compact fluorescent or fluorescent tube? This is my second cage setting up but since it's taller I want to know which is better

Retpti sun 5.0 I would recommend and a 100w basking day lamp or consider the solar mv bulb with UVA/UVB in It

arcadia D3+ high output T5 lamps great :) These lamps are the most scientifically advanced lamps in the world and will last for one whole year!

Last edited:
The linear fluorescent bulbs are better, in my opinion, because they spread out the UVB across the entire top of the cage as opposed to focusing it in just one small spot. This gives the chameleon the option of basking under BOTH heat and UVB or to move away from the heat and only get UVB.

As far as great brands/types of bulbs, I would look into either the Reptisun 10.0 or the Arcadia 6% or 12% bulbs. If you email the owner of Lightyourreptiles he will be happy to tell you which Arcadia bulb best suits your needs, or if not the Reptisun 10.0 is bulb that's available everywhere.

And we can't tell you what basking bulb wattage you need without seeing what temperatures you get. A 100w bulb may be way too hot for you while it works great for someone else. So you may need to buy a pack of incandescent bulbs (like for the home, from any Walmart/Home Depot) and see what gets you to your target basking temperature. For me it's usually a 60w but it's different for everyone.

Thanks

Thanks everyone, it's just the uv bulb I had a question with because of the depth of the tank,
My current turq veil is under a compact fl and has a 75 flood lamp but the enclosure is only 24" tall. I have quite a few t5 ho ballast set ups as I'm into reef aquariums so I will look into the Acadia bulbs

I just ordered a reptisun 10.0 18 inch 15 watt because of the great reviews and I also have a 75 watt heat bulb in a mini deep dome lamp

ive been using a dual HO fixture with a reptisun HOt5 and a 6500k bulb for my plants. my cham and plants seem very happy.

Back
Top Bottom