breeding two different species

fecomosis

Quick question, I couldn't find it I'm the forum per say, can you breed a Fischer male with a female veiled chameleon?

You can cross breed species but there is a much lower chance of the eggs getting fertilized and with some species it is impossible. Not sure about those two though

They probably wouldn't mate, they would fight. Then if they did mate and she laid eggs, they would not go to full term. Those two species are too different to have viable offspring. They are not even in the same genus.

Generally, the two differing species have to be in the same genus for mating to occur, even within the same genus, the differing species will more than likely not mate and even if they did the eggs will more than likely not be fertile, and in the odd chance the eggs where inseminated just like Mike said, the offspring will certainly not viable. The Fishers Chameleon is of the genus Kinyongia, where as the Veiled is Chamaeleo. I said they would not be fertile because the greater chance is just just. But I agree with you Mike, the chances are they wouldn't even mate anyway, it would more than likely lead to a fight, wether territorial or what ever of the variety of reasons. There is a case study somewhere that I read about someone trying this with a veiled and panther, though they where able to get them to mate the eggs where never fertile.

Back
Top Bottom