Breeding

vegas shooby

Hello ppl like I want to start breeding dubia roaches like I need sum help getting started like with what they eat and stuff like so if u guys could help me out that would be nice thxs:)

I'm no expert but I been raising Dubia Roaches for almost 6 months. I have close to one thousands or maybe more. I haven't really feed too many off. All you really need is about 50-60 Adult, I prefer Large Nymph you can keep them longer.

Here what you will need.
Rubbermaid tote or a glass aquarium 15/20 gal.
Egg crates very important.
HeatMat / HeatPad.
That's about it.

Now for the food you can feed them the same way as crickets. Put two dish in for them one for food and the other for water. For their food I use Pro Gutload from progeckos, also water crystal from there as well. I also leave a few carrot in as well.

The most important part is leave them alone for 5-6 month or until your colony is strong. Then you can feed them off. Hope that help:D.

I'm no expert but I been raising Dubia Roaches for almost 6 months. I have close to one thousands or maybe more. I haven't really feed too many off. All you really need is about 50-60 Adult, I prefer Large Nymph you can keep them longer.

Here what you will need.
Rubbermaid tote or a glass aquarium 15/20 gal.
Egg crates very important.
HeatMat / HeatPad.
That's about it.

Now for the food you can feed them the same way as crickets. Put two dish in for them one for food and the other for water. For their food I use Pro Gutload from progeckos, also water crystal from there as well. I also leave a few carrot in as well.

The most important part is leave them alone for 5-6 month or until your colony is strong. Then you can feed them off. Hope that help:D.

Ok so to get started how much would I need..so I hear that the adult's have sharp things on there legs and don't feed them to your chameleon just keep them for breeding true..

Get as much as you want. I do feed some adult male dubia to my female jackson's, female roach are too wide to feed to my chameleons. Heat is important too, if the temperature is too low they won't breed. By the way how many chameleon are you feeding ?

I just started my colony about 6 months ago with about 30 near adult roaches (not sure the ratio I had). I now have probably close to 1000 babies runnin around. I just used a blue tote bin with a hole cut in the top covered with screen for ventilation, a cheap heating pad from the drugstore (one that does not automatically shutoff), and egg crates placed vertically in the bin. For water I found that crystals dried out very fast and read on here that oranges work great for hydarting roaches so I just put an orange cut in half in every few weeks and they seem to like it. As far as food to sustain the colony I have a mixture of catfood (lots of protein for breeding roaches) koi fish food, 5 grain whole oats hot cereal ( which I bought for me but didn't like lol) and some stale leftover wheat cereal. I just recently started feeding some of the bigger nymphs off but a few days before I feed them off I take some out of the colony, put them in a different container and give them a real good homemade gutload salad.

Get as much as you want. I do feed some adult male dubia to my female jackson's, female roach are too wide to feed to my chameleons. Heat is important too, if the temperature is too low they won't breed. By the way how many chameleon are you feeding ?

Just one chameleon..so I could use any type of cat food..

I am sure any cat food will do, but getting a higher quality blend should indirectly make your cham healthier. Not sure if roaches have a hard time digesting corn like just about every other animal, but if that is the case you would probably want to stay away from corn based cat foods in favor of more digestable (and nutritional) blends

I am sure any cat food will do, but getting a higher quality blend should indirectly make your cham healthier. Not sure if roaches have a hard time digesting corn like just about every other animal, but if that is the case you would probably want to stay away from corn based cat foods in favor of more digestable (and nutritional) blends

Alright thank u

Be sure if you decide to use cat food, once you start feeding off the dubia to give them time to get all that protein out of their system and feed them the good stuff a few weeks before offering them to your chameleon.

Be sure if you decide to use cat food, once you start feeding off the dubia to give them time to get all that protein out of their system and feed them the good stuff a few weeks before offering them to your chameleon.

Do u know where I could get sum good dubia roaches from..

Tiki Tiki sells starter kits sometimes. Unsure if they are still doing that. If not check around the site sponsors. :)

Alright thank u for the good advice..I'm going to check this one store called exotic pets check if they have any thank u again

exotic pets does have them but they are a dollar for each baby! Don't buy roaches from them. Try the Roachranch.com

Yep, the roachranch.com is a good place to get some roaches when they have the size you want in stock.

Back
Top Bottom