Broken rib?

Cod105

I noticed something poking out of his side. Rib? ☹️ I didn’t see him fall just not sure. He gets repashy calcium plus every feeding. Ubv 5 with t5 ho fixture, basking branch 8 inches from top of screen

Attachments

• IMG_8244.jpeg
    IMG_8244.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8247.jpeg
    IMG_8247.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8246.jpeg
    IMG_8246.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 1
Looks like it could be... You do not want to do calcium plus every feeding though. That is going to be far too much D3 for his body. D3 and vitamin A are both fat soluble so they store in the tissues and takes weeks for them to clear from the body. Too much oral d3 can also impact their bones by pulling calcium out making them brittle. There are two types of Repashy calcium plus. You have the regular repashy calcium plus which has higher levels and most in the hobby do not use it then repashy calcium plus LoD version which has lower levels of A and D3. Both of these should never be used more than 2 times a month though. At all other feedings they should get a plain phosphorus free calcium without D3. Here is an article on D3 poisoning. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/d3-poisoning.2401/

Looks like it could be... You do not want to do calcium plus every feeding though. That is going to be far too much D3 for his body. D3 and vitamin A are both fat soluble so they store in the tissues and takes weeks for them to clear from the body. Too much oral d3 can also impact their bones by pulling calcium out making them brittle. There are two types of Repashy calcium plus. You have the regular repashy calcium plus which has higher levels and most in the hobby do not use it then repashy calcium plus LoD version which has lower levels of A and D3. Both of these should never be used more than 2 times a month though. At all other feedings they should get a plain phosphorus free calcium without D3. Here is an article on D3 poisoning. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/d3-poisoning.2401/
Oh boy yeah i got him from kammerflague she sent me the bottle and said that’s what she uses. I do have the phosphorus free cal without d3 also… do you think he needs a Vet visit or not much they could do

Oh boy yeah i got him from kammerflague she sent me the bottle and said that’s what she uses. I do have the phosphorus free cal without d3 also… do you think he needs a Vet visit or not much they could do
Did they send you the Lod version or the regular? They use this but they use it with T8 fixtures so they are not getting the higher UVI levels that T5HO puts out. Therefor the oral D3 does not seem to react the same. But we have seen where this is just far too much using it every feeding with T5HO and a 3UVI at basking. One of those not that it is wrong at all it works for them in how they have everything set up. But how we teach here following the same thing Chameleon Academy teaches the consistent multivitamin like repashy can be far too much with the recommended T5HO lighting.

I would take him off the repashy for 4-6 weeks so his system can clear out. Only use the plain calcium without D3 that you have lightly dusted at every feeding. Then purchase repashy calcium plus LoD version if they sent you the regular version. The LoD version has a jackson cham on it. Use this only 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. This will cover your vitamin A and D3 needs.

In the mean time nothing you can do for that bone except what I recommended above and time. :)

Did they send you the Lod version or the regular? They use this but they use it with T8 fixtures so they are not getting the higher UVI levels that T5HO puts out. Therefor the oral D3 does not seem to react the same. But we have seen where this is just far too much using it every feeding with T5HO and a 3UVI at basking. One of those not that it is wrong at all it works for them in how they have everything set up. But how we teach here following the same thing Chameleon Academy teaches the consistent multivitamin like repashy can be far too much with the recommended T5HO lighting.

I would take him off the repashy for 4-6 weeks so his system can clear out. Only use the plain calcium without D3 that you have lightly dusted at every feeding. Then purchase repashy calcium plus LoD version if they sent you the regular version. The LoD version has a jackson cham on it. Use this only 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. This will cover your vitamin A and D3 needs.

In the mean time nothing you can do for that bone except what I recommended above and time. :)
Thanks a bunch yeah looks like the regular, this is what I have as of now, I’ll go back to regular one with out d3. And grab the other repashy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1
Thanks a bunch yeah looks like the regular, this is what I have as of now, I’ll go back to regular one with out d3. And grab the other repashy
Ok so go back to the blue repti calcium that is the one you want to use for every feedings. Then purchase the repashy calcium plus LoD version with the jackson cham on the label. This will be two times a month say the 1st and the 15th once he has gone through a 4-6 week period to clear the built up A and D3 levels out of his body.

Then unless you have other reptiles that use the other supplements you have then they can be donated or tossed.

Back
Top Bottom