Cage covers

Time Police

I'm not necessarily looking for a cage cover, but what would everyone recommend using to block off the sides of a cham cage mainly for mist spray and to block obstructions in his sight that would stress him out? (mirrors, bright colors, me lol, etc.)

i bought 2x4 thin acrylic from lowes and then sprayed one side with window frosting from lowes also... comes in a spray can. I then siliconed that on the outside of the side of the cage, and made sure to seal the bottom up real good.

I also made sure the frosted side was on the outside and placed the smooth side toward the enclosure. This way no mist and i can line up enclosures beside each other and they not see their neighbors.

Enclosures with acrylic on 1side and back

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341867605577.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341867605577.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 369
  • uploadfromtaptalk1341867658158.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341867658158.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 307
  • uploadfromtaptalk1341867686038.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341867686038.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 334
i bought 2x4 thin acrylic from lowes and then sprayed one side with window frosting from lowes also... comes in a spray can. I then siliconed that on the outside of the side of the cage, and made sure to seal the bottom up real good.

I also made sure the frosted side was on the outside and placed the smooth side toward the enclosure. This way no mist and i can line up enclosures beside each other and they not see their neighbors.
Oh my god that's genius...

I'm not necessarily looking for a cage cover, but what would everyone recommend using to block off the sides of a cham cage mainly for mist spray and to block obstructions in his sight that would stress him out? (mirrors, bright colors, me lol, etc.)

Probably the simplest answer is some semi-opaque plastic/vinyl ground cloth for painting. It transmits light but isn't visually clear. If you don't care about it getting damp (should dry by evaporation quickly enough) you could use light colored sheeting or cheese cloth. I've gotten cotton camo fabric by the yard online and chose a nice pattern of leaves and branches. Just cut to fit. I use this for my indoor aviary too and it looks pretty nice.

I use a sheet of plastic used for lining showers (not shower curtain liners) that approximates acrylic, and it comes in a 4' x 8' sheet so I cut four 4' x 2' panels, spray painted them a metallic charcoal grey and taped them to the back of my four big cages. The dark background against the green plants looks awesome, if I do say so myself.

And for the sides I used something a lot more low-tech. I just used painter's plastic sheeting, and cut it to cover the sides. It's translucent so it lets light through but there's no way you can tell what's on the other side. And because the cages are against each other tightly no one can tell it's plastic - if they were standing alone I'd use something a little more visually appealing.

Hey Wykd, what are those water bottles for?

Those bottles are my feeder cups :)

Yeah I think it was Olimpia's setup that inspired the idea for the acrylic side and backs. I plan to put 4 side by side there and leave about 1 inch between each enclosure for air flow, otherwise I would done the side like she did and use the painters plastic on the side as well.

I put the feeders in the cups so they are in one spot instead of letting them free range. This way I can put in some crickets a dubia roach or 2 and a butterworm or such early in the morning before work and they will come and feed as they want thru out the day.

Back
Top Bottom