Can Chameleons be Fed Canned Crickets?

I was thinking of using canned crickets and using this: http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Terra-Vivicator-Vibrating-Feeding/dp/B0009OIVIU or tongs to provide movement to the crickets so that the chameleon would see them. Of course, the crickets would be dusted with the proper supplements.

I do not really know a whole lot about cricket keeping and I am scared of them, but if canned crickets can not be used, could you please provide me with some advice on cricket keeping? I know that for babies you would use the 1/4" size crickets and, from the research I have done, you would feed them around 15 a day. In addition, I know that live crickets should be gutloaded.

Greetings from Akron.

Sorry chams will not eat dead things, even if wiggle them. Also cans crickets have a very low moisture content.

If you are scared of crickets, there are other feeder foods.

Dubia roaches:
look like pill bugs
dont jump
dont bite
dont smell
dont make noise

Or silk worms Or horn worms Or phoenix worms

For cricket care:
feed them like an iguana or bearded dragon
buy some bug burger or cricket crack for gut loading
Keep them in a cage with at least 2 sides made of screen
clean out at least every 2 weeks

Dubia are about the same other then you just want a small screen top and can clean out every 3-6 months.
by some water crystals from lowes for $7 to make gallons of cricket gell

Greetings from Akron.

Sorry chams will not eat dead things, even if wiggle them. Also cans crickets have a very low moisture content.

If you are scared of crickets, there are other feeder foods.

Dubia roaches:
look like pill bugs
dont jump
dont bite
dont smell
dont make noise

Or silk worms Or horn worms Or phoenix worms

For cricket care:
feed them like an iguana or bearded dragon
buy some bug burger or cricket crack for gut loading
Keep them in a cage with at least 2 sides made of screen
clean out at least every 2 weeks

Dubia are about the same other then you just want a small screen top and can clean out every 3-6 months.
by some water crystals from lowes for $7 to make gallons of cricket gell

Thank you for the information. :)

Back
Top Bottom