Carpet Cham unexpectedly laid eggs 1st time

GrannyK

Chameleon Enthusiast
I thought I was over feeding Zelda because I was still feeding her every day until a few weeks ago(she will be 1 end of Dec) but to my surprise I came home from work to find eggs all over her enclosure. I am a bit puzzled because she has never seen a male carpet. I have carried her through the living room where my male panthers and parson are but tried to shelter her when transport so she did not see them. I didn’t think she was going to form eggs but here we are. So, since this is my first go with eggs is there anything special I need to know? Are they the same as any other cham species?
Before I go to the breeder I know some of you may currently have or have kept carpets so I came here first. 😊
Thanks so much!

I could have sworn that they lay infertile eggs just like Veileds and Panthers. @javadi and @Mendez would know better than me though lol
Thanks! I reached out to the breeder a while back and he said she shouldn’t with no exposure to a male. It’s Frank, I could just email him. Let him know she did lay. I was hoping not but, it’s ok lol I will adjust. I just have some learning to do now.

Thanks! I reached out to the breeder a while back and he said she shouldn’t with no exposure to a male. It’s Frank, I could just email him. Let him know she did lay. I was hoping not but, it’s ok lol I will adjust. I just have some learning to do now.
um you have Frank as your breeder! Go email the man himself. I am over here shooting the breeze when you have the #1 guy you can ask instead of my dorky self. :hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom