Cham won't eat!!!

Blakekiser123

I've got a year or so old veiled and he quit eating crickets a few weeks ago. So I order him roaches and bought some meal worms. He ate one roach and now refuses them. He also won't eat meal worms anymore which he usually devours like 10 no problem. So now I've bought him hornworms and its the only thing he will eat. He loves them. But I. Can't keep feeding him these he'll get fat. But he still won't eat anything else and I still have all of these varieties of insects to feed him. He just refuses anything that's not a hornworm. What should I do

Any changes in his surroundings? How long have you had him? Try to fill out the how to ask for help form to make it easier. My panther went on a hunger strike a few weeks ago when i moved house. As i unboxed things and set the room out he settled and began eating again.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - veiled 1yr 3mo
. How long beem in your care? Since October
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? He doesn't mind coming out of his cage so sometimes 3-4/week
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? All he will eat now is hornworms I've given him 3 this week
What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Calcium with and without vita D. Without vita D every two days.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Dripper and spray bottle. I spray the cage 3-4 times a day. Yeah I do see him drink still
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Black and white and no he has not
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x2x4
Lighting - 5.0 compact
Temperature - 94 in basking 78-82 through out cage
Humidity - 65%to 70%, spray 3 times a day and have live ficus
Plants - Ficus
Placement - In bedroom
Location - in opening between two closets next to window
Current Problem - since about a two weeks ago my Cham quit eating crickets. I bought meal worm and roaches and the meal worms worked as usual. He ate one roach and hasn't touched them since. A week ago he quit eating the mealworms so i bought hornworms. He loves them and will always eat them. But it's not good to be feeding him these everyday and I don't want him to become obese. What can I do to get him to eat normal staples again

Hi guys, new to the forums today! My female panther 9 months old has been on a hunger strike now for 3 weeks refusing to eat any type of feeders. Getting worried now any help would be great. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom