Chameleon Behavior

theresaintucson

I finally have a name for my 3 month old panther--"Reno"-for an artist/friend who does very colorful and edgy paintings...:D
Anyway, today I took my first picture of Reno and HE DID NOT LIKE IT. When the lens came out, he swelled up twice his regular size, HISSED and appeared to strike the camera. I was so surprised I almost dropped the camera.:eek:
Afterwards, I talked to Reno quietly and returned him to his enclosure. Now I admit I'm a bit afraid of him. He's always been willing to step on a stick and wander all around me. Granted, if I was a chameleon I'd probably be scared by a telescoping lens that makes noise and seems to come at me, then flashes!
Do I have any reason to be cautious now? Or does Reno just hate paparazzi?
--T

Reno probably sees the camera as a threat.

I sent you a PM, did you get it? Hello fellow Arizonian.

I finally have a name for my 3 month old panther--"Reno"-for an artist/friend who does very colorful and edgy paintings...:D
Anyway, today I took my first picture of Reno and HE DID NOT LIKE IT. When the lens came out, he swelled up twice his regular size, HISSED and appeared to strike the camera. I was so surprised I almost dropped the camera.:eek:
Afterwards, I talked to Reno quietly and returned him to his enclosure. Now I admit I'm a bit afraid of him. He's always been willing to step on a stick and wander all around me. Granted, if I was a chameleon I'd probably be scared by a telescoping lens that makes noise and seems to come at me, then flashes!
Do I have any reason to be cautious now? Or does Reno just hate paparazzi?
--T

Sounds like a pretty typical reaction to a camera lense to me. I wouldn't worry about it. A camera lense can show a cham a distorted little image of itself after all. Oh, and BTW, your cham can't hear you talking to him. You can say anything you like but all he'll notice is your lips moving.

Reno

Sounds like a pretty typical reaction to a camera lense to me. I wouldn't worry about it. A camera lense can show a cham a distorted little image of itself after all. Oh, and BTW, your cham can't hear you talking to him. You can say anything you like but all he'll notice is your lips moving.
LOL--thanks for reminding me of that. :D

I heard that chams were deaf so to speak, but they can pick up vibrations. So if you spoke like you were in an oprah then maybe you could "talk" to him, lol

Ooopps. I thought that looked funny. I rely heavily on spell check so if the computer is cool with Oprah as Opera then so am I. Then again if you were in an Oprah you would need to be pretty loud too. So maybe I didn't really spell anything wrong. :p

Your lucky you even get yours on a stick ive had my mitsio sor 3 weeks now and when a even put my hand in his cage to mist of feed him he goes crazy and hisses and puffs up! Ive only had him out to clean his cage.

Back
Top Bottom