Chameleon Cage

Mama Lizzy

So question about the cage...

Not sure if mine was put together properly, as the tiny fruit flies and pinhead crickets can escape from the front door area on both sides. I've been taping the two areas up and removing the tape when I need to get into the cage, but this is quite a chore!

Any suggestions on how to ensure the cage is properly sealed in order to keep the smallest of insects from escaping?

Also, I got the pretty big cage - 16x16x30. Is this ok?

What kind of chameleon and how old?. The reason I ask, is that cage will not last you too long if you have a panther of Veild as they grow quickly and get to a decent size as you know. I also used a 16 X 16 X 30 and used tape as well, as the little crickets would slip right through the cracks.

Carol - I've got a month old Jackson Chameleon. Hoping this cage lasts for quite some time.

Thanks for replying :)

Your cage is plenty big until he gets bigger :)

When he gets bigger, you can either buy a medium (18x18x36 inch) or large (24x24x48 inch) cage. He will love the space and the minimum is the medium cage.

As for the flies escaping... I've never had fruit flies.

Do they hop/fly/jump much?

If they don't hop very high, you could always TRY (idk if it would work) to put them in a shallow dish for him to get.

oh ok, yeah Jackson's are smaller. As far as the bugs escaping though, I don't have any other answers for you!

Back
Top Bottom