chameleon cyst?

danny2tyme

i’ve had my veiled chameleon for about 4 years now and i’ve been noticing these cyst looking things on his body i’ve noticed 2 so far he’s been eating and moving fine i just don’t know what it is does anyone have an idea or clue on what it is

Attachments

• IMG_2923.jpeg
    IMG_2923.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 12
I agree that it looks like a papilloma. Your vet can biopsy to confirm. Papillomas are a relatively harmless warty growth, but the virus that causes it can be transmitted to other reptiles. One of mine has a papilloma and good handwashing between touching my animals and not sharing food, spaces, etc has been enough to prevent any of my others from getting it. It’s just the same basic precautions one should be doing anyhow.

This looks like papilloma virus to me. I would take him to a vet as soon as possible to confirm.
thank you guys so much that sure looks like it ! i keep looking for a vet near me i live down in charleston south carolina and i’ve haven’t found a vet that takes chameleons yet is it pretty dangerous for them to have this virus? or is there any way i can treat it ?

thank you guys so much that sure looks like it ! i keep looking for a vet near me i live down in charleston south carolina and i’ve haven’t found a vet that takes chameleons yet is it pretty dangerous for them to have this virus? or is there any way i can treat it ?
There is a vet list I found on another thread here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/attachments/chameleon-forums-vet-list-2024-u-s-a-pdf.353636/

I'm from the UK so can't help you much with finding a vet, so I hope you can find one close on that list! As for the virus, I don't know enough about it to tell you but I do believe it's not curable.

he’s also had this on his lower stomach for about a couple months and and near the top of his crown it’s like what seems to be bruising and i’m not sure if he’s possibly gotten it from falling or maybe burning himself ? i haven’t noticed anything wrong with him he’s perfectly eating and moving around i always take him outside and he loves climbing the trees he does just fine outside

he’s also had this on his lower stomach for about a couple months and and near the top of his crown it’s like what seems to be bruising and i’m not sure if he’s possibly gotten it from falling or maybe burning himself ? i haven’t noticed anything wrong with him he’s perfectly eating and moving around i always take him outside and he loves climbing the trees he does just fine outside
Can you post some pics of the other areas?

Dr. Duvall at the Exotic Vet in Mt. Pleasant is excellent with chameleons. She took care of all my guys when I lived in Charleston.
https://birdsandexotics.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu-6_nb2m8AIViZWzCh3t8ARHEAAYAiAAEgIKQPD_BwE

Back
Top Bottom