Chameleon enclosure nearly done.

Persnickety Parson's

Chameleon Enthusiast
Highlights: All live plants, epic lights.

Just have to assemble the mistking system.

Plants included are a rubber tree ficus elastica, two weeping figs, ficus benjamina, two schefflera arboricola, two rabbit foot ferns, one grown terrestrial, the other on a branch, one button fern, and one earth star.

Of course numerous tillandsia.

They are tiny, but they will grow.

Lighting system t5 ho quad fixture, basking spot reaches 90 at the hottest point, and a comfortable 80 around the general area.

Bulbs 3 6500k daylight one arcaida d3 12% the basking bulb is an arcaidia halogen bulb, 75 watt.

Don't worry about the humidity, I have gradients, and one the plants grow the humidity will increase further.

I still need to add the water dish and dropper as well.

This is intended to serve as a temporary enclosure until dragon strand gets its tail in motion.

0423201836.jpg
0423201836_HDR.jpg
0423201819.jpg
0423201819a.jpg
0423201819b.jpg
0423201820.jpg
0423201824.jpg
0423201839.jpg
0423201840.jpg
0423201840a.jpg

Thats high humidity, jackson?

That was just in one area the cage, after a watering, the area under the basking light is 47%.

I think by tomorrow I should have an accurate humidity measurements, I'm going to guess the high 50s, low 60s as a general measurement without misting.

I'm in Florida so that helps as well im sure.

As for the cham, it's a montane species but im keeping its identity secret for now. ;)

Well my lighting system actually blew up, there was a loud pop and you can hear what sounds like shattered glass moving around the light fixture. The bulbs are fine, and no the fixture did not get wet, nor was it in an improper outlet type.

I've contacted the seller, but those plants aren't happy. Of course this happens on the weekend too.

It's setback, after setback. :/

I hope my plants can go several more days, I have a new fixture on the way, but it won't arrive until may 7 :(

0425202146.jpg

On a happier note thanks to an epic b day present I got the rest of the luxury items, a fogger. I also got a drainage tray and shower curtain, and finally a gram scale.

The trees are growing slower than I thought they would, I certainly remember my umbrella trees pushing the cover off the cages. Jungle dawn led light is on the way, as an experiment as well.

So I planted a few invasive vines I found around to provide cover, those things are scary.... They grow visibly during the day. And actually move. I will need to be careful with them, so they don't choke out the other plants.
(The vines have the heart shaped leaves.)
0528201422_HDR.jpg
0528201422.jpg

Well its no longer a chameleon enclosure, I guess it is now an anolis/gecko enclosure instead. Well it was a good relearning experience in setting up enclosures. When I make a new cham enclosure I will have an enhanced plan.
0625201554a.jpg

0625201556c.jpg

One rules the day, the other night.

Back
Top Bottom