Chameleon Pets?

GregJD

Established Member
Just for fun: an odd question: Has anyone else's chameleon adopted another one of their pets?

My wife and I have 3 chameleons and 6 geckos. We keep them in our living room, where we spend most of our time. We also have 2 guinea pigs in the room.
Gary, my veiled, is obsessed with the pigs. Whenever we clean them, he comes all the way to the bottom as if he's supervising, making sure we get every last turd up. When we rearranged the room recently, we had to take the pigs out, and he climbed up and down that side of his terrarium darker than he's ever been. I could just hear him hurling obscenities at us for moving his pets.
Last night, Sulley, my female panther, slipped near the bottom of her cage. (she was getting some superworms down there). When I picked her up, she fired up at me. . .until the guinea pig came out of its house. Then she deflated and turned the prettiest pink I have ever seen.
Even Joe, like all the rest, have to check out those pigs. They all head that direction when they free-range.
Jack, one of the geckos does the same thing. He aims their way every night when he wakes up.

Anybody else have this happen to them? Any good stories?

I'm attaching a picture of the little stinkers. This is Callie and Nova.
I'm also gonna throw a picture in here of when Gary got away from his free-range and climbed on their cage. He was promptly removed, so don't be too hard on me for taking a picture 1st.
207.jpg

215.jpg

It sounds as though your female panther showed those colors because she didn’t like seeing the g. pigs.
Please be careful and don’t allow your chameleons to walk on the pigs cage. There was a girl on here that free ranged her veiled and while she was out the veiled crawled onto her rats cage and the rat ate on her veileds legs, feet and tail. It was so bad that he had to be put to sleep. You can never be to careful with these fragile little chameleons.

Oh yeah, I don't. That was just that 1 time I stepped out of the room. He's a sneaky little guy. Like I said, "he was promptly removed." We are very careful about our animals. When our dogs come in to watch a ball game with us, we both check behind each other to make sure everyone is locked up and protected, including the pigs. I've heard many a horror story about animals you trust your whole life turning on each other. My wife was almost attacked by the family dog when she was a baby. Had her mom not stepped in the room, she would be dead. That was an animal they trusted. Said all that to make the point: We are very careful. I just wanted to take that picture of him being caught doing what confirmed our suspicions.

Again, we are very careful. We love these animals. I love this forum. According to what I was told, Gary's the only one of his clutch that lived, and I thank this forum every day for that.

You're a veiled enthusiast. Do yours do anything like that? I always heard they were mean, but Gary is my nicest chameleon. Funniest, too.

Oh yeah, I don't. That was just that 1 time I stepped out of the room. He's a sneaky little guy. Like I said, "he was promptly removed." We are very careful about our animals. When our dogs come in to watch a ball game with us, we both check behind each other to make sure everyone is locked up and protected, including the pigs. I've heard many a horror story about animals you trust your whole life turning on each other. My wife was almost attacked by the family dog when she was a baby. Had her mom not stepped in the room, she would be dead. That was an animal they trusted. Said all that to make the point: We are very careful. I just wanted to take that picture of him being caught doing what confirmed our suspicions.

Again, we are very careful. We love these animals. I love this forum. According to what I was told, Gary's the only one of his clutch that lived, and I thank this forum every day for that.

You're a veiled enthusiast. Do yours do anything like that? I always heard they were mean, but Gary is my nicest chameleon. Funniest, too.

My veileds are full of personality and love to explore and check everything out but I have never noticed any of my chameleon act like they were fond of another animal. I did once have two panther boys that always wanted to hang out together.

Hendershot and Jr.

1CC10909-EF70-48F2-92E9-DEA39FFA17F8.jpeg

My panther is fascinated with the aquarium... but I'm pretty sure he is just trying to figure out if the fish would be edible. HA!

Back
Top Bottom