Chameleon sleeps outside of foliage?

dastone181

i just got my chameleon today and he ate great and i have everything set up, but he is sleeping under the heater which is sort of out in the open, what i mean is i have a moldable vine thing that is about 6 inches away from the heat lamp, its partly open, but like 2 inches to the right is a fake vine and then his ficus..is this ok? or should i put another fake plant by the vine?

a lot of the time if your lights turn off when it is already pitch black your cham will crash right where it is. i have my lights turn off when their is just enough light so they can find a spot to sleep. most of the time he is already there before the main lights even turn off. It can take some time before they find a usual spot to sleep. how cold does it get in your home at night? what type of chameleon is it?

a lot of the time if your lights turn off when it is already pitch black your cham will crash right where it is. i have my lights turn off when their is just enough light so they can find a spot to sleep. most of the time he is already there before the main lights even turn off. It can take some time before they find a usual spot to sleep. how cold does it get in your home at night? what type of chameleon is it?

hes a 3-4 month old male veiled, i have a ceramic bulb so it doesnt emit a light but its got great heat..and im keepin it on cuz my house can reach as low as 50, although its quite warm tonight..is that a bad idea though?

well a lot of post have been put up on the subject of vieleds needing a night light. one guy on this forum had his veileds outside in temps of the mid 40's. so i think you would be okay w/o one.

well a lot of post have been put up on the subject of vieleds needing a night light. one guy on this forum had his veileds outside in temps of the mid 40's. so i think you would be okay w/o one.

well id feel safer with it on, is that a bad thing though?

also i got a Miner-all powdering product, the shop said to powder the crix 3 times a week but iv heard its almost every day? any info on powdering would be nice and he ate well with the powdered today, also on feeding i just put some crix and worms in the cup(i use the cup feeding method..i use a paper clip to hold up the cup of food on the side of the cage) he eats good but there was 3 extra pheonyx worms, there was about 6 before and probably 5+ crix so he ate a lot..but i should generaly feed him as much as hell take in like 15 min?

ok thats good. what brand? 5.0 10.0? i would replace your ceramic bulb for a bulb with visible light.

well im having to use the UVB light from my sulcata tortoise because they gave me the wrong tube size for the holder to put it in..i think its a 5.0 atm but were going to get the right size in the next 2 days or so..and hes by the window so he still gets night and day cycles, is the ceram bulb really that bad? i kinda like it its unique :p

yea you need more than that. here is my scheduel.

mondays and thursday- calcium w/ no phos.
Tues and Friday- Rep Cal Herptivite(vitamins)
Wed and Sat- T-rex chameleon supplement(all in one plus some extras)

i rotate with and w/o D3 each week in my calcium

yea you need more than that. here is my scheduel.

mondays and thursday- calcium w/ no phos.
Tues and Friday- Rep Cal Herptivite(vitamins)
Wed and Sat- T-rex chameleon supplement(all in one plus some extras)

i rotate with and w/o D3 each week in my calcium

umm in Miner-all, where does that fall?

not sure... i know a lot of people use it tho. i cant find it around here, and im not gonna order a 3 dollar bottle and pay 8 dollars to ship it.lol just check the specs on it and compare it to what i use or what Brad Ramsey uses. i would guess its like my T-rex formula(all-in-one)

not sure... i know a lot of people use it tho. i cant find it around here, and im not gonna order a 3 dollar bottle and pay 8 dollars to ship it.lol just check the specs on it and compare it to what i use or what Brad Ramsey uses. i would guess its like my T-rex formula(all-in-one)

on the bottle it says that it has D3 and that i shouldnt supply anymore D3 than it..do your friends use Miner-all only? because its really confusing on what else i have to supplement:confused:

Back
Top Bottom