Chameleon with dark brown under pads and undertail

Mr.Peanut

I have a Jackson his name is Mr. Peanut . I’ve had him for about 2 yrs but I’m not what his exact age is honestly . My concern is he has developed over time dark brown under hands feet and under his tail ? Not sure why exactly ? He seems to use his extremities normally never see him raising any and holding them up or anything unusual. This is his home he lives openly and freely amongst my plant collection in my living room humidity is intermittently 60-80 % temps around 65-78 maybe and he uses sticks and limbs from trees outside to climb about the place. First thing I thought of was foot/tail rot but he seems fine eats fine shows no symptoms so then I thought maybe it’s because of the natural wood he’s climbing around on (the sticks) ? Could make his feet tail turn brown in time ? Idk any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2815.jpeg
    IMG_2815.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2816.jpeg
    IMG_2816.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2820.jpeg
    IMG_2820.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi and welcome! I am not experienced with this species but over all he looks good. Regarding the tail and feet, it could be he’s just getting dirty over time. My chams feet get a little darker over time and are clean once they shed. The tail could be the same but could also be due to bruising (the skin can get darker when they bruise). When was the last time he shed?

Where the brown places are leads me to believe it’s something coming off his branches because it’s on the underside of his feet and the underside of the end of his tail where he would be curling it around the branch. What kind of tree did the branches come from? Can we see a pic of his whole body please? I had a Jackson’s and his feet and tail never looked brown like that.

Is that a red heat bulb I see in the double dome there? The red heat lights are not recommended because it can damage their eyes so it would be best if you removed that. He doesn’t need heat at night anyway. That sure is an awesome free range though. Just make sure you have UVB lights where he sits the most, preferably by his heat lamp.

Back
Top Bottom