Check this cage out!!!

PlatinumPlopper

Just Finished it for my 21st Birthday. I know its a Exo Terra with Glass but anyway, :) Any suggestions or ideas would be cool.
sm52tv.jpg

I love the moss on the rocks and overall the look is really nice (from what I can see).

I would take the little gravel pond and plant it. Any rocks or bark chips or anything other than an organic fine soil that can be ingested accidentally when shooting for food could cause fatal impaction issues.

I would also add more vines and bigger plants. Vertical space that doesn't have a walkway is useless.

There is nothing wrong with an exo-terra. I moved my guy out his because he kept firing up at the glass (his reflection) and that constant stress is not good and it has been a nightmare keeping up RH ever since. Just watch your new little friend and make sure there are no reflections making him constantly mad.

What size is this tank? Can we see more pictures? I really do like the look and would like to see some more detail.

Looks like a great dart frog setup.. in my honest opinion needs some work for a cham. Such as more up high vines and foliage and loosing the standing water (bacteria pool) at the bottom.

I don't wanna he a downer it Is very nice looking just not exactly what I would feel ideal for a cham. This is Just My Opinion.

Thank you!

The Rock pond has actually big rocks in it all about a inch or bigger so im not so worried about him eating the rocks just worried about him drowning. And as of the dirt in it is all tree fern so it will sprout mosses and ferns so that's a plus. Most of the plants are just new and grow to be big, they will all grow pretty quickly since im using special grow bulbs. I will be posting more pictures today and will also be making video's here in the near future.

Looks like a great dart frog setup..

ha ha that is exactly what I was thinking.

Go to Josh's Frogs (site sponsor) Add a a couple bromilliads and order some Dart frogs!

If I'm not mistaken and that is a baby Veiled you're going to want something bigger eventually anyway.

Looks like a great dart frog setup.. in my honest opinion needs some work for a cham. Such as more up high vines and foliage and loosing the standing water (bacteria pool) at the bottom.

I don't wanna he a downer it Is very nice looking just not exactly what I would feel ideal for a cham. This is Just My Opinion.
Yeah i agree with the pond issue of bacteria forming... i am going to be using canister filter, i also change the water every other day so i am not so worried at the moment. But i will fill it as soon as i need to, just enjoying it in the mean time.

I love the moss on the rocks and overall the look is really nice (from what I can see).

I would take the little gravel pond and plant it. Any rocks or bark chips or anything other than an organic fine soil that can be ingested accidentally when shooting for food could cause fatal impaction issues.

I would also add more vines and bigger plants. Vertical space that doesn't have a walkway is useless.

There is nothing wrong with an exo-terra. I moved my guy out his because he kept firing up at the glass (his reflection) and that constant stress is not good and it has been a nightmare keeping up RH ever since. Just watch your new little friend and make sure there are no reflections making him constantly mad.

What size is this tank? Can we see more pictures? I really do like the look and would like to see some more detail.
This is the biggest one Exo Terra makes its the Natural Terrarium Large/X-Tall
90 x 45 x 90 cm / 36” x 18” x 36” (WxDxH).

This is the biggest one Exo Terra makes its the Natural Terrarium Large/X-Tall
90 x 45 x 90 cm / 36” x 18” x 36” (WxDxH).

I honestly think the enclosure is awesome and the pond is a really cool feature. I love building with ponds. I would buy a screen cage (much less expensive too) and use this set up for an animal that would appreciate the pond.

My Chorus frog set up has a pond with a waterfall ad it is satisfying to watch them swim in the pond I spent time making for them.

The pond will just stink the viv up and chams don't drink still water anyway, personly I wouldn't have anything on the bottom for a Cham, there is less smell and easyier to keep clean and keep on top of, also you need a lot more climbing branches and vine

Like stated already very nice cage. Needs a lil work and I would loose the pond. Your Cham will prob end up poopin in it lol. Personally I wouldn't have it because I wouldn't want to add extra maintenance that isn't needed. :D

Back
Top Bottom