Cleaner and odor

Zoo med wipe out is a rip off, just use dish soap and water, just make sure it doesent have any harmful chemicals, i like dawn dish soap.

I'd imagine you could also use a bleach-water solution (deep cleanings with your chameleon out of the cage only of course)

Vinegar and water is a really amazing cleaner and deodorizer. And it's not harmful to your cham in any way.

Would you still recommend using any precautions with it? e.g. rinsing with water or taking your cham out of the cage?
Yes. I would definitely take the cham out. If you have a removable tray, just take it into your bath tub, rinse with hot water. The spray on the vinegar solution, wipe down with a damp washcloth, then rinse in hot water again. Then towel dry. We use tgus for our guinea pig and ferret cages. It works!

Well it depends on what odor you are talking about? Some odors people talk about cleaning mean there is something medically wrong with your chameleon or something wrong cage. None of my chameleons cages really smell except damp and like plants, so for deep cleans it's all about removing spots and dirt that is hard to get up.

Back
Top Bottom