correct me if im wrong

rafael

correct me if im wrong but this bump on the back of my chams indicates he is a male rigth ?

1450665_10152021708915081_816688293_n.jpg

Could you please post a clear photograph of the back foot? You are correct, that if there is a tarsal spur, then it is a male. However, based on the coloration of the chameleon itself, I want to say that it's a female. Based on the previous females that I have kept, and currently keep, they show the same if not similar colorations.

From what coloring I can see, that could be a female. males have yellow bars on the sides, females just have yellow and blue dots all over.

Can you please post a photo of this cham showing the whole body?

Looks pretty healthy, the eyes may be a bit sunken I'm not sure though but why is there dirt? Based on coloration I'd also say female, she is quite pretty though.

That is a female. She is showing classic female coloration (green with blue spots and yellow spots/splotches.) Why is she dirty?

she was on the buttom of the terrarium i just found out she may lay eggs and so scared for her i just made her a laying bin

SHe looks good, but she is indeed a female.

No yellow barring, and those dots ensures that.

In the breeding section, Dez has a video on how to set up a lay bin.

i made her the layin bin yesterday but she is like nah im not gettin in there, she ate one cricket but thats all, im going to take her to vet tomorrow if she keeps acting like this :(

i made her the layin bin yesterday but she is like nah im not gettin in there, she ate one cricket but thats all, im going to take her to vet tomorrow if she keeps acting like this :(

Just because you put the bin in, doesnt mean she has to lay eggs right now.

Give her some time.

oh ok well does it matter if the leaves are still there? in the video i saw that they only put the laying bin

No.
The lay bin is fine, but you shouldnt have a red light on her at all, they are pointless.

SHe also is not in a big enough cage.

SHe needs more height than width.

I recommend females be kept in the large reptibreeze cages to provide them the space they need.

You can use a regular house bulb for basking, and you need a UVB bulb.

What is her basking temp?

What do you supplement with?

What do you feed? how much and how often?

the temp is 80 and 85 i feed her meal worms and crickets,in the morning 7 crickets and in the afternoon 4 meal worms everyday

the temp is 80 and 85 i feed her meal worms and crickets,in the morning 7 crickets and in the afternoon 4 meal worms everyday

Stop with the mealies.

They can cause impaction when fed in high quantities.

the crickets are fine.

ok no more worms :) im going to take her to the vet so he can tell me if she has eggs or not, and why is her apetite gone :S she hasnt shedd im so scared :(

ok no more worms :) im going to take her to the vet so he can tell me if she has eggs or not, and why is her apetite gone :S she hasnt shedd im so scared :(

Its not uncommon for females to stop eating as much when they are gravid.

Once a female begins producing eggs, they can take 4-6 weeks to lay.

Also, you can probably start feeding her every other day to help with this.

SHe may be on ahunger strike, or bored with crickets, or as is most likely, she simply isnt as hungry now because shes an adult.

Once chams hit adult age, they do not always need to eat daily.

Back
Top Bottom