Crushed

Hey guys , so I have 6 -7 month veiled (I believe) he's been in my care for about 2 and half months now I am just because he's wants to free range he is just up on top of the cage I want to him out but the last and first time I did it was a disaster he ended up being very stressed . I tried doing the stick but he just ends up hissing at it :(
I have never actually handled him. I have touched him I know he's friendly just not sure what to do his enclose is well keep the temperature at 27 degrees celcius and his humidity 55 % also he eat his crickets everyday give him 13-16 a day and dust with proper supplements

Get. A. Spray. Bottle. And. Mist. His. Cage. Really. Good.
And. If I was You. I would think. About. Getting. Stronger. Watts lights. Me. I have. 100 watts day light. And. 100. Watt UVA Light. And. I have. 100 watt night. Light.

Last edited:
And. If I was You. I would think. About. Getting. Stronger. Watts lights

Sorry this is off topic but why do you punctuate your sentences like this? not trying to bash it just seems like a very un-natural way to write and it is hard to read. Is there a specific reason?

Its never too late, all it takes is some patience... and feeders! Do you hand feed? What is your chams overall temperament?

I would start by just opening his door when you are working in the room. This will get him used to having his cage open with you in the vicinity.

If you have not already I would start trying to hand feed at least once a day.

I would also try and connect a vine into his enclosure that he can climb out on and proceed to his freerange. Let him alone and see if he will venture out of his cage.

And. If I was You. I would think. About. Getting. Stronger. Watts lights. Me. I have. 100 watts day light. And. 100. Watt UVA Light. And. I have. 100 watt night. Light.

aside from the horrible punctation, equally horrible advice

This is all wrong. Difficult to read and bad advice. 27 is good and I assume this is achieved with a basking light so that there is a temp gradient. You do not want a light at night at all. Temp drops and darkness are good things.

For your situation, I also recommend hand feeding. He will come to associate your hand with food and good things. It will help him calm down, but it may take some patience.:)

Its never too late, all it takes is some patience... and feeders! Do you hand feed? What is your chams overall temperament?

I would start by just opening his door when you are working in the room. This will get him used to having his cage open with you in the vicinity.

I would also try and connect a vine into his enclosure that he can climb out on and proceed to his freerange. Let him alone and see if he will venture out of his cage.

Yes I do hand feed him all the time he's really good about it. And okay I will make sure to do that! I will be moving him to his new cage pretty soon. Also for the most he's pretty nice he allows me to touch him I am just not sure how to pick him up . I am not sure if I should just slide my hand under I fear he will be much to scared and leave . He has never bitten me .
My godfather has been then the only one who has held him twice

This is all wrong. Difficult to read and bad advice. 27 is good and I assume this is achieved with a basking light so that there is a temp gradient. You do not want a light at night at all. Temp drops and darkness are good things.

For your situation, I also recommend hand feeding. He will come to associate your hand with food and good things. It will help him calm down, but it may take some patience.:)

No I don't put a light at night . He needs to have a cooler temperature and yes as I said in the post before I hand feed him all the time just figuring out a way to handle him. I am allowed to touch him

About lights, Chameleons like it completely dark when they sleep. Get rid of the night light. Also check and see what you have as chams need UBV not just UVA.

I agree with everything DJ said. All are great methods, just take a little patience.

You have been given some good advice. I just wanted to say your title "crushed" scared the heck out of me and I am happy to say I am glad that it is you that is crushed and not your chameleon!

You have been given some good advice. I just wanted to say your title "crushed" scared the heck out of me and I am happy to say I am glad that it is you that is crushed and not your chameleon!

Oh no!!! I would in a mild depression if anything happened to him my apologies . No Francis is doing great and getting big!

Back
Top Bottom