Deremensis baby scared me

Guess you didn't know I sent you some, mean, dangerous chams? Sorry, I am still lmao Great video and cute babies.:D

hahahahaaha nice video. i always try to take pics of my chameleons then they lunge and it scares the crap out of me!

I got siblings to your pair and here I am thinking they are a nice, calm, confident species. A drastic change from the norm around here. Laurie must have sent you the evil ones out of the bunch.

Thanks everybody!

Trace, I dont know how Laurie could do that to me. They may be mean but they are definitely as cute as I thought they would be so no surprise there :D I would love to see progress pics on your pair. I have a picasa link that I will update often as mine grow.

https://picasaweb.google.com/101247792033429755142/Deremensis#

Favourited! Those pics with the cricket leg are hilarious. I'm notorious for never updating my Flickr account (among other things) but I do periodically post pics here of my posse. I know I posted some not too long ago of the new deremensis.

Definitely keep me in the loop on what you are doing with the pair etc. Are you keeping them in the same cage or separate?

Cheers,
T

Favourited! Those pics with the cricket leg are hilarious. I'm notorious for never updating my Flickr account (among other things) but I do periodically post pics here of my posse. I know I posted some not too long ago of the new deremensis.

Definitely keep me in the loop on what you are doing with the pair etc. Are you keeping them in the same cage or separate?

Cheers,
T

I'm going to try keeping them in the same 24x24x48. So far it looks like it will work out. They have been hanging out together for the most part and I have not seen any sign of aggression or stress. If that changes I have another cage I can move the female to.

I'm going to try keeping them in the same 24x24x48. So far it looks like it will work out. They have been hanging out together for the most part and I have not seen any sign of aggression or stress. If that changes I have another cage I can move the female to.

I have a feeling, unsubstantiated as it may be, that the deremensis, like the cristatus, will use the horizontal space more than the vertical so a tall enclosure may not be best. Don't quote me on that at his point. I just rarely see mine bask and they definitely move across their baby tubs over the course of a day as opposed to up and down.

I also think they can live in pairs or trios but for the time being I'm keeping mine separate. The male had some bite marks and scars on him upon arrival, I'm not sure from whom he got them from, so both are living alone for the time being. I also work outside of the house so I feel secure that they aren't eating each other in my absence!

Have fun with them and keep me posted on your observations.
Cheers,
T

I was a little worried that the vertical space would not be as important to them during the first couple of days since they both stayed near the bottom. Since they settled in, they have both been up and down and usually end up near the top of the cage right next to eachother an hour before the lights go out. These guys do not move much compared to panthers so I am really glad to see them venturing out and not sitting still the entire day. I may build a different cage in the coming months more suited to a pair, maybe 48x48. Will keep you posted

lmao that was like those videos you see at Halloween - where they tell you that you have to look REALLY REALLY closely at the screen, so everyone has their face right on it, then the scary zombie jumps out and screams!! lol only this time the zombie is a tiny adorable pissed off cham! Hilarious!!

Back
Top Bottom