do fruit flies make good staple food?

chamilionare

i usualy feed crickets as a staple food, but ive her breeding fruit flies is really easy, so i thought why not. i can probably save some movey not having to buy crickets all the time.

i usualy feed crickets as a staple food, but ive her breeding fruit flies is really easy, so i thought why not. i can probably save some movey not having to buy crickets all the time.

If your cham is eating crickets I would look into dubia roaches. Super easy to keep and breed, don't jump, fly, stink or make noise and more meat to shell ratio then crickets. Best thing I did was start a colony.

Fruit flies are easy to breed but do not make a good staple. Crickets can be easy to breed they just take longer. Or get Dubias like the others say.

I haven't heard of anywhere in ontario that sells roaches, I don't think you can get em in canada.

I haven't heard of anywhere in ontario that sells roaches, I don't think you can get em in canada.

roaches are illegal canada wide to breed/sell/house unless for educational reasons and stuff like that. so you will not have any luck ever ordering them either. however they are not uncommon to find if you check out places like kijiji

Fruit flies should only be fed to very small chameleons (3in in length) but after they get larger than that they should be moved to a larger food source like crickets, mealworms, super worms, and Dubai roaches. All are pretty easy to breed except for super worms.

Back
Top Bottom