Do I have it covered?

SarahSurfer

Calypso my 3 month female veiled is in a 2x2x4 Enclosure with a pothos plant.

-One bulb is a UVB bulb (no repti sun yet :()
-The other is a basking light
The basking area stays at 86 and is more than a foot away from the lamp.
I have both a drip system going and a fogger for humidity. The Hydrometer says about 50 but its right under the light so I believe the reading might be off.

After I turn the lights off though it goes straight to 70.

And I buy about 50 crickets every 3 days, I keep them in a critter creeper at the bottom of the cage. She walks down there and eats about 2 every hour or so when she is awake. More during the week. And they are super small. I dust with Repti Calcium from Zoo Med.

Calypso my 3 month female veiled is in a 2x2x4 Enclosure with a pothos plant.

-One bulb is a UVB bulb (no repti sun yet :()
-The other is a basking light
The basking area stays at 86 and is more than a foot away from the lamp.
I have both a drip system going and a fogger for humidity. The Hydrometer says about 50 but its right under the light so I believe the reading might be off.

After I turn the lights off though it goes straight to 70.

And I buy about 50 crickets every 3 days, I keep them in a critter creeper at the bottom of the cage. She walks down there and eats about 2 every hour or so when she is awake. More during the week. And they are super small. I dust with Repti Calcium from Zoo Med.

Sounds good for the most part..

Few things:
- I wouldn't use a fogger, and instead a mister because the fog will be inhaled by the cham and can eventually do some internal damage.
-Try and use an automatic hydrometer/temp gauge as they are more accurate!
-I use a feeder near the basking spot, or wherever my cham usually hangs out - near the top of the cage..but if your cham easily finds her food at the bottom, that should not be a problem
-just make sure the calcium is w/o D3, and just calcium, the calcium+d3 supplement should be used only once or twice a month

Good job though!

Back
Top Bottom