Does anyone know a good place to get silkworms from?

Raymond1412

Established Member
Hello everyone!! I am looking for a new place to get silkworms from because I normally order them from Josh's Frogs, but they rarely have them in stock. Thank you to everyone who responds!!

@FramsChams is a site sponsor. I've been pleased with the size and quality. They have a subscription so I don't have to manually order every month. Also suspending a subscription is really easy. I usually buy medium. I transfer them, weekly, to a fresh tray with fresh chow. They grow fast, usually up to 1 1/2 - 2 inches in 2 weeks.
20240414_110925.jpg

@FramsChams is a site sponsor. I've been pleased with the size and quality. They have a subscription so I don't have to manually order every month. Also suspending a subscription is really easy. I usually buy medium. I transfer them, weekly, to a fresh tray with fresh chow. They grow fast, usually up to 1 1/2 - 2 inches in 2 weeks.View attachment 357422
That's good to know, thank you!!

That's good to know, thank you!!
It is a must that you transfer them to a clean tray with fresh chow, at least weekly., to prevent them from dying. I i use tongs for yhe transfer. Touching them with unclean hands could also cause die off. Unlike hornworms, silkworms don't like to stay in the container with their poop. Hornworms poop at lot and don't seem to care if you dump the poop or leave it! Big hornworms make a lot of poop! 💩

Back
Top Bottom