Does your chameleon sleep in the same spot every night?

Bush baby

Avid Member
I've noticed that most of the Chams i own sleep in the exact same spot of the enclosure every night..my new Jacksons is no different.

Whats more, especially with my new Jacksons, is that he seems to know when the lights are about to go off. I have them on a timer, so they turn on and off the same time every day. About ten minutes before 'lights out' he movies to his favorite spot. I find this impressive considering he has no visual aid like a wild chameleon would, of having the suns position in the sky to know what time it is.

Shows you how sensitive and attune animals are with photo periods and such...

It's amazing, isn't it? My Jackson's sleeps about 75% of his time on a perch in the front of the terrarium halfway down. The other amount of time he is at the perch that is completely covered by branches and leaves and plants (couldn't see him even if I tried, 3 sides have a screen covering).

He seems to know about 30-45min before lights out, he curls up in one of the two spots!

All of my chams sleep in the same spot almost every night. My new baby is the only one that seem to vary his sleeping spot. I think its because he tends to outgrow one spot and finds another.

They all hit the sleepy spots about 30 to 45 min before lights out. On rainy days sometimes an hour or more. LOL

Monty used to sleep on the same little ficus branch, then he slept for about a week on a branch above his basking spot. Now he's sleeping on a branch behind some fake leaves. It's cute how he switches around every week or so.

Mine sleeps on the same branch every night usually. But tonight he's decided to switch it up a little and choose a different branch. And he does the getting ready for bed about 30 mins early. :)

My Jackson sleeps in almost the same spot every night, but my panther sleeps in all different locations and crazy positions.

Loki litterally sleeps in a different spot every single night....Maybe he's just picky? Or maybe he just likes to be different? :p He also is totally fine with any kind of change in his cage or out. I put up his whole new cage and went straight from the old to the new one and he acted like he had always been there lol He just goes with the flow I guess! :rolleyes:

Mainly yes, the same branch in the same position, but he occasionally will change his mind every now and again :)

Our female tends to sleep hidden in the same plant every night lol.

Our male has this weird thing where he sleeps attached to the side of the enclosure sometimes. Not sure how this is comfortable but to each their own. :)

Mine goes where ever he feels like it, sometimes it's under the fogger machine hose, sometimes it's right under the basking lamp, ive seen him on the top of the cage, under his hammock, on a plant near the bottom of the cage all over the place really. :rolleyes:

Smeagie sleeps in different places, no favorites.
Noogie has a favorite, and ques up at his spot like an hour before the lights go out.
My 2 panthers sort of have favorite spots. They move around a little, same general area.
Smidget will have a favorite stop for a while, then move to another.

Smeagie sleeps in different places, no favorites.
Noogie has a favorite, and ques up at his spot like an hour before the lights go out.
My 2 panthers sort of have favorite spots. They move around a little, same general area.
Smidget will have a favorite stop for a while, then move to another.

You have some of the weirdest/coolest names for chams lol :D

My little guy sleeps in the same spot every night in his favorite ficus branch. He beds down about an hour or a little less before the lights go out. I just adore my fellow soooo much!!!!

Kuzco sleeps in the relatively same spot every night. Unless I tick him off (ie tornado night)

He's always slept facing down curled up on a leaf. Then as he got bigger a flower, and now its a branch. But same spot every night mostly lol

Phineas has 6 different sleeping spots in 3 different rooms of the house. I'm not sure how he decides where he is going to sleep. Sometimes he will sleep in the same spot for two weeks straight and then suddenly change to a different spot every night for a week. In only one of his spots is he "hidden" under leaves; in all the others, he is completely out in the open.

it blows my mind how my chams get ready for bed!
minion always sleeps in a corner, mack always sleeps on
his camellia japonica and marcucio always sleeps upside down
under his pothos. blows my mind!

Back
Top Bottom