Drainage system idea?

sarah k

I have a fairly simple idea that seems to be cheap enough, but i want a second opinion on it to see how reasonable it is and if it would actually work. I plan on putting my cage on a bin with a screen over it:
duratrayDeep1824.jpg

278762.jpg

and putting rocks over the screen. instead of lifting up the cage and dumping the bucket, i figured i could use a spigot type thing to drain the water out with and maybe use the excess water to water my numerous houseplants with?

I am sorry in advance for the size of the images, i dont know how to work anything on here! sorry

I don't think that is is the prettiest option, but that would work. Are you talking about of putting a spout at the bottom to drain out water. Just curious.

I don't think that is is the prettiest option, but that would work. Are you talking about of putting a spout at the bottom to drain out water. Just curious.
i might, not sure yet, the bin will probably hang a few inches off the shelf it will be on though. if i does hang out i will probably put it on the bottom so no excess water will be hanging around, and i might use a simple elbow tube or something so it is easier. if you have any other ideas i would love to hear them !

i might, not sure yet, the bin will probably hang a few inches off the shelf it will be on though. if i does hang out i will probably put it on the bottom so no excess water will be hanging around, and i might use a simple elbow tube or something so it is easier. if you have any other ideas i would love to hear them !
I have heard that you can have a drainage tray, like with dragon strand systems, and use a turkey baster to get water out. Or drill holes in the bottom, and have some sort or bucket underneath too catch water.

Back
Top Bottom