Dubia Roach Tray?

webghost

Since I hear Dubia's aren't climbers, would it be a good idea to create a little roach-proof tray near the top of the enclosure and just drop them in there? I'm just thinking for the days I can't personally hand feed them due to work or other matters, I can just drop the dubia's in the little tray. Anyone tried this before?

Since I hear Dubia's aren't climbers, would it be a good idea to create a little roach-proof tray near the top of the enclosure and just drop them in there? I'm just thinking for the days I can't personally hand feed them due to work or other matters, I can just drop the dubia's in the little tray. Anyone tried this before?

Careful.. Some do climb lol. I found one in my hamper the other day that my bf dropped and couldnt find in our cham room, so he made it from our cham room to the bedroom to inside my hamper. Died of course cause they can't live long with the temperatures in our house compared to there bin.

They can't climb out of a tub, but in my free range I use a light cover from a home improvement store. It has an inward facing lip so that the climbing species and crickets have a harder time escaping.

I have a feeder cup for roaches. U know those paper soup bowls u get at the premade soup carts in grocery stores, I use the tall one of those. When mine gets dirty, I just go get some soup and some free bowls. :):):)

Last edited:
Careful.. Some do climb lol. I found one in my hamper the other day that my bf dropped and couldnt find in our cham room, so he made it from our cham room to the bedroom to inside my hamper. Died of course cause they can't live long with the temperatures in our house compared to there bin.

lol, no they dont :)

dubia as a species can't climb plastics/smooth surfaces. if one was climbing, then it wasn't a dubia! There are many other roaches that may look similar

I use a medium sized plastic bin for feeding in general (I found "bin" feeding works better than "cup" feeding). It is about 12"x8"x6"tall

It's true, they can't climb smooth surfaces. They can't bite or fly even though the males have wings. I use a little feeder cup if I'm feeding the nymphs to my smaller chams but if I'm feeding an adult dubia to an adult cham, then I use the rubber tipped feeder tongs. I prefer not to leave any in the cage. I feed fresh ones that I am certain have been gut loaded well. Just my preference.

lol, no they dont :)

dubia as a species can't climb plastics/smooth surfaces. if one was climbing, then it wasn't a dubia! There are many other roaches that may look similar

I use a medium sized plastic bin for feeding in general (I found "bin" feeding works better than "cup" feeding). It is about 12"x8"x6"tall

Im the one who dropped the roach:p They are certainly Dubia roaches.. But how it made its way into the hamper? I have no clue... lol

Back
Top Bottom