Dusting Methods

snax90

I was just wondering how other people dust the feeders? I use the "Shake & Bake" put them in a baggie and give them a good coating. It does leave a slightly thick coat I think but very useable. Just wanted to see what others are doing as well.

I do shake and bake in a cup. Easier to get the little buggers out without losing the extra supplement than using a baggie. Just my preference.

I have a plastic cup i put the crickets in, than I shower the crickets with a little powder and shake the cup a little bit. After that i just toss them into the cage or feeding receptical.

I use two cups. One with the bottom cut out and some screen glued in. Then I put the screened cup over the regular cup, do the dusting, and I get to reuse the excess dust.

I use two cups. One with the bottom cut out and some screen glued in. Then I put the screened cup over the regular cup, do the dusting, and I get to reuse the excess dust.

I really like that idea. That may have to be a weekend project.

I really like that idea. That may have to be a weekend project.

I also have an extra cup to keep the extra dust in (1 cup w screen, 2 w/o screen). after a few dustings, the excess dust sometimes had debris and larger pieces of powder. I personally would be careful dumping the excess dust in with the fresh dust in the event something nasty comes off your feeder. This process works very well for me and I am going through my expensive dusters quite slow.

i put em in a solo cup, sprinkle just enough supplement, swirl them around (weeee!) and dump em in the cage..if any extra power comes out, it washes into the plant's dirt and makes the plant happy :) (i think. its been growing ridiculously lately -.-)

A large mason jar.
I tap the powder until the smallest sprinkle falls out.
I then collect the feeders into the jar.
I swish the crap out of them(get them all dizzy;))
They are easy to get out, and keep from getting out because of the wide lip towards the top of the jar.
You can also reseal it, and its easy to clean/sanatize.

Back
Top Bottom