Egg laying questions

Potatoguineapig

Hello I have a female veiled chameleon. This morning i saw her scratching on the bottom of the cage so i took her out and put her in her three foot wide by three foot tall cillindrucal red pot filled halfway with sand. As soon as i put her in she started digging. After an hour she finished her 10 inch hole and turned around in it. She has been in there for about an hour now. Is she still laying eggs or is she just tired. Oh and there is a heat lamp over the bin.

It can take many hours for them to get the hole the way that they like it and lay the eggs. When she finishes laying she will cover the hole and pat the sand down. The most important thing you can do is give her plenty of privacy.

Thank you for the advice, i made sure she was not looking out the hole when I checked and now she is done. Well smoothing over the sand, she looked extremely tired should i feed her more fattening foods like hornworms

Looks like u are getting good advise I also like to give my females a uncle shower when they are done laying.

Back
Top Bottom