Eggs being torn

eddie165

Hello everybody,
My panthers chameleon eggs is being incubating until today is 9 months. It has no sign of hatch like sweat or shrink and looks it good. But few days ago when i checked the eggs, i had saw the egg shell was torn as the photo below, the first egg ( red circle ) was torn and after one day, the neonate show its head outside.
When i recognized that, i see its eyes and head moving and i think it will survive but after 24hrs i checked again and see no any sign of life( and i let it inside the box until today to get mold to be sure it died completely )
In the same time, two other eggs have same problems to the first eggs and you can see the eggs shel was torn and the neonate still stay in amniotic sac ( green circle )
So i would like to ask anyone who has experience in breeding could explain what happened with these eggs ?
Thanks for reading

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpeg
    IMG_2415.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 19
@kinyonga might be able to help you.

I would include any info for what you may have done recently. I am not well versed in incubating eggs but I know when too much water is added to the substrate the eggs can rupture.

I gave you all the information I have in this thread. I assume this is another batch of eggs? Is it from the same pair of chameleons? Did you change anything in the way you were incubating them?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/panther-egg-sweating-but-baby-cannot-get-out.192571/page-2
i incubate at 79F and didnt change anything from the beginning, no add further water in wholetime. This subtrate i had mixed for 2 clutchs, one clutch hatched at the same temperature with 20/24 eggs in 8 months and this clutch with this problem at 9th month.

How did you measure the water/moisture level of the substrate?
Did you mix the substrate in one big batch then divide it between two containers or mix each container separately? Did some eggs become huge?

How did you measure the water/moisture level of the substrate?
Did you mix the substrate in one big batch then divide it between two containers or mix each container separately? Did some eggs become huge?
i mixed the substrate in one big batch and devide it 2 parts. The eggs i mentioned look normally not huge.
I just checked and here is what happening, the neonate in the green circle at the first comment has moved out

Attachments

• IMG_2416.jpeg
    IMG_2416.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom