Everyday patience

So i am being very very very patience with Ganymede, I hand feed him everyday which he doesnt have a problem with for the first two or three crickets, but then i think he realizes what hes doing and he gets pissed and then will only eat if i let the cricket go near him and he will eat it on his own, lol. Im being very patient and persistent as to build trust with him. Im wondering if there are any other tips members of the forum can give me that could be helpful. Thanks.

Maybe try every other day or even a few days on between. The daily hand feeding sounds to be stressing him a little. Have you tried other feeders besides crickets? Try some hornworms or something else yummy.

Maybe try every other day or even a few days on between. The daily hand feeding sounds to be stressing him a little. Have you tried other feeders besides crickets? Try some hornworms or something else yummy.
I have tried mealworms but i dont want to feed him those too much, im going to get him something else soon though

I have tried mealworms but i dont want to feed him those too much, im going to get him something else soon though

Ya mealworms really aren't a good feeder at all. Swap those out for superworms. Dubia roaches are good and they can't fly or climb on plastic which I like. I've not had silkworms yet bit those are a great feeder. Waxworms and butterworms are good treats occasionally.

I wouldn't hand feed everyday if he seems to be getting stressed, I cup/hand feed one of my panthers only because that is what the previous owner did and he is not very good at hunting. My other panther hunts for his food and used to let me hand feed anytime but he actually now ignores the food in my hand and walks on my arm instead.

I wouldn't hand feed everyday if he seems to be getting stressed, I cup/hand feed one of my panthers only because that is what the previous owner did and he is not very good at hunting. My other panther hunts for his food and used to let me hand feed anytime but he actually now ignores the food in my hand and walks on my arm instead.
yeah ill hand feed a little less, bc he hunts well.

Really don't have any tricks just patience which you are working on. All are different, but sooner or later he will start to tolerate you some even become quite tame, but don't hold your breath on that one.

I would try and give him a mix of different kinds of food as many others have said in different posts but i'm not going to recommend any kinds of foods because i don't know the age of your chameleon... but chameleons as you may know are not strictly carnivores they might like some small cut up pieces of fruit or vegetables though some don't like that but it is worth a try.

If you are looking for trust with you chameleon a good way is just sometimes putting your hand in there cage and seeing if they will walk up on it.. though even just having your hand in the cage makes it so they are use to you being in there territory.

Good gob getting him to eat out of your hand though because that is another trust thing that means that he doesn't see you as a predator...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom