Exo-Terra Flexarium

Deevo

Anyone have experience with the Exo-terra Flexariums? I have been thinking of building my own cage using nylon mesh for some time now. http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/flexarium.php

The steel mesh cages zoo-med makes work great and do a good job regulating air flow, humidity etc. but my cham loves climbing the sides of his cage and I have noticed for sure a nail missing. Regardless of what people say it's inevitable that it will happen eventually, its not a myth.

Would the light be able to penetrate more or less through the nylon mesh? Would it not get warm with lights pointing at it all day?

I build my own cages using nylon mesh, they work realy good for me if you can find the heat
resistant type your lights wil not melt thru the mesh. The mesh i used seems to let in enough uv penetration, i only use natural sunlight but im sure a uvb light will also get enough penetration thru the mesh

I had the version that Big Apple Herps sells and really didn't like it at all. I'll list the Pros and Cons as I saw them. This is only my short experience with them, and I used it for my veiled female before I rehomed her.

PROS

1. LIght weight
  2. easy to put together
  3. nice to be able to open the whole front with the zipper for cleaning

CONS

1. just didn't feel sturdy
  2. My perception of light penetration
  3. Challenging to view Cham
  4. Noise/vibration from the zipper totally freaked out my already skittish cham
  5. How the heck can you do drainage
  6. attaching vines was terrible, I used a grommet tool to make holes and still had issues
  7. this brand did not fit as tight on the frame as claimed, it drooped and tugged
  8. feeders hide at the zippers and plot escape
  9. the vinyl drainage liner did not fit correctly and feeders got under it and if not that they could not climb back up the sides
  10. water pooled on the top so my raindomes didn't function as desired. Water would pool until weight got to much and then I got a single stream....

Interesting, I was thinking even just having to cut a hole and have wire mesh in that one spot for the light if I can't find the heat resistant type, although I haven't looked as of yet.

I wouldn't recommend it. I've got one and so
some stray crickets have chewed a hole in the bottom. Also it's a pain for taking plants out to clean and the top has went discoloured and brittle from the heat bulb. I would however recommend for a lightweight outdoor enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom