Experience or knowledge on certain palms?

Nozomi

I recently got 4 pheonix dwarf palms to offer more shaded coverage however im a lil eerie on the thorns at the bottom. I own various panthers and a parsons that are housed in there with them for the past 2 days. Im not sure where to find cat palms, umbrella plants or any other common plant that is safe for chameleons. If i can have suggestions to some plants i can snag from home depot that others have used for indoor/outdoors.

I think much depends on what part of the country you’re in. Some of the palms and other plants that are traditionally for outside may not be available in more northern areas. For palms, areca is a great choice. Although small, I’m a fan of parlor palms, which are often considered a houseplant. Some other nice plants are money trees and weeping fig (ficus benjamina) that are also usually in the houseplant category. I believe just about all dracaena are safe and while most are sold small or short, they do grow quite nicely into taller plants. This should be helpful to you. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/ Also, never underestimate the versatility of simple pothos. We are used to it being a hanging vining plant, but if you plant it on the bottom and have the vines grow up, the leaves can become huge and the vine very thick and sturdy. I get all of my plants from Lowe’s or Walmart usually, with occasional sprees at Home Depot. I have ordered plants on line before and don’t recommend it. While you can get some beautiful and healthy plants, they are tiny and take lots of time to mature enough.

I think much depends on what part of the country you’re in. Some of the palms and other plants that are traditionally for outside may not be available in more northern areas. For palms, areca is a great choice. Although small, I’m a fan of parlor palms, which are often considered a houseplant. Some other nice plants are money trees and weeping fig (ficus benjamina) that are also usually in the houseplant category. I believe just about all dracaena are safe and while most are sold small or short, they do grow quite nicely into taller plants. This should be helpful to you. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/ Also, never underestimate the versatility of simple pothos. We are used to it being a hanging vining plant, but if you plant it on the bottom and have the vines grow up, the leaves can become huge and the vine very thick and sturdy. I get all of my plants from Lowe’s or Walmart usually, with occasional sprees at Home Depot. I have ordered plants on line before and don’t recommend it. While you can get some beautiful and healthy plants, they are tiny and take lots of time to mature enough.
I was thinking if getting dracaena only problem is my enclosures are outdoors aside from my 5 month old Parsons. And i have him in a Large repti Breeze with a pheonix dwarf palm that i saw was safe. However my home depots dont have many options and if they do there poor conditions and what not. Majesty palms good?

I was thinking if getting dracaena only problem is my enclosures are outdoors aside from my 5 month old Parsons. And i have him in a Large repti Breeze with a pheonix dwarf palm that i saw was safe. However my home depots dont have many options and if they do there poor conditions and what not. Majesty palms good?
From what I can find, majesty palms are fine. I think most palms are considered safe but you have to take into consideration if they have spikes and how tall and fast they grow.

I love using my Tecomaria capensis. Try Tecoma too if you have good plant light.
Majesty palm is fine. But too me it waste of money. It is a palm tree that won’t thrive indoor long run. It needs to be planted outdoors where it gets plenty of moisture too. Otherwise it won’t thrive either in outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom