Female and Male Seeing each other OK?

TortoiseAvenger

Hello all!

My male and female ambilobe come Saturday. YAY!

One of the many questions I have is:

I've heard that the males and females should not see each other when not breeding. My question is a practical one. I'm trying to set up my chameleon room, and I'm not completely certain where to place the enclosures. I have made fabric "drapes" to cover sides of the enclosures as necessary, but what if I get out one of them, and walk across the room with them to put them in the free range. Would this passing by be enough to stress out the female?

Any knowledge or experience would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TA

but what if I get out one of them, and walk across the room with them to put them in the free range. Would this passing by be enough to stress out the female?

Any knowledge or experience would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TA

A short term temporary view of each other isn't going to harm them. What you don't want is for them to be in view of each other constantly. Stress isn't all or nothing, its the duration over time that causes the problem.

I agree with the above statement. Also be aware of whether or not they can see eachother from across the room from the free range to the cage.

So excited for you and your new arrivals!

happy for ur new arrivals!!!!, dont let them see each other TOO much cause that'll stress them out and believe me u don't want a stressed chameleon!!!:p

Back
Top Bottom