First day with Blue Bar Ambilobe (sexing/health)

Chelsitaylor

Today I got my Blue Bar Ambilobe Panther Chameleon. It was supposed to be a boy, but I posted pictures on a chameleon Facebook page and am being told it is a female. I was wanting a male because I had heard they are easier to care for (this is my first reptile) and because I've heard they are friendlier than females. Any experience/tips?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 126
So it sounds like you haven't had much experience with reptiles in general. Have you read the care sheet for a panther chameleon. That is not poop, that is just a urate. I am not a poop expert, so I'm not sure if that's bad but it's white which means he's hydrated. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/ this is the caresheet. read it and follow the instructions carefully. If you post a picture of your cham and his setup, we can critique it accordingly and give you a small health check. If you want confirmation it is a female, post a pic of it with its tail straight out, so we can see the base of his tail.

it's hard to see him through the screen. Can you get a picture closeup of him and a pic of your whole setup?

Back
Top Bottom