first enclosure: drainage with a wood bottom???

jamjam

Established Member
First time enclosure, planning on eventually building a 24x24x48 enclosure was intending on using wood and mesh and i want to house live plants so want the wood bottom so its sturdy. or is there another way?

for draining was thinking maybe have some sort of slope from all sides to the middle leaving maybe a 6x6 square or whatever size i may need for a planter and have a pool and drain there by cutting hole through the wood and adding drain to fall into a bucket. the bottoms (wood slopes etc) was thinking of lining with pond liner.

what you guys think, does it work? other ideas?

thanks for the build thread, see i have thought about using the mixing tubs as well, but wasnt sure if they had flat bottoms or not so even with a drain in the middle will it remove excess water as well having trouble finding one 24x24 and if read correctly kind of deep unless i cut it to fit how i want

as for the poly sheeting saving money is great however homedepot sit i can only find clear sheeting 4 or 6mm for the price i can get the amount of pond liner i would need.

oh and as well i plan on coating all wood with spar urethane, paint would be nice but uneeded expense but is quite possible

Back
Top Bottom