First time clutch

Whitegold95

Today is her first time digging my first experience.. veryy exited lol but shes been digging since today 6am its 9 pm and she still at it should i leave her light on untill she comes up? Or i can turn them off and that will be like her sign to go night night? And shes been at it all day should i leave the bucket a couple of days just in case she havent finished ?

Attachments

• IMG_3253.JPG
    IMG_3253.JPG
    329.6 KB · Views: 117
Today is her first time digging my first experience.. veryy exited lol but shes been digging since today 6am its 9 pm and she still at it should i leave her light on untill she comes up? Or i can turn them off and that will be like her sign to go night night? And shes been at it all day should i leave the bucket a couple of days just in case she havent finished ?
Congratulations !!. Don't be surprised if she digs a few holes , or you find her sleeping in her bin in the Am . My baby girl laid her first clutch in Jan . She did all the above . Thank goodness for @Matt Vanilla Gorilla and @Nursemaia . Best of luck :love:.

With an egglaying chameleon the egglaying bin should always be left in the cage IMHO. Otherwise you risk eggbinding. Leave her alone while she is going through this process...don't let her see you watching hermormshe may abandon the hole and become eggbound. She may dig several test holes but should settle on one and dig it until she is happy with it. She should then turn around butt first in the hole and lay the eggs. This will likely happen in the evening. She should then bury the eggs and tamp the substrate down and return to the branches hungry and thirsty. If she doesn't do this and becomes lethargic, sits low in the cage, sleeps during the day or phantom lays get her to the vet ASAP. Good luck!

Was she mated?

With an egglaying chameleon the egglaying bin should always be left in the cage IMHO. Otherwise you risk eggbinding. Leave her alone while she is going through this process...don't let her see you watching hermormshe may abandon the hole and become eggbound. She may dig several test holes but should settle on one and dig it until she is happy with it. She should then turn around butt first in the hole and lay the eggs. This will likely happen in the evening. She should then bury the eggs and tamp the substrate down and return to the branches hungry and thirsty. If she doesn't do this and becomes lethargic, sits low in the cage, sleeps during the day or phantom lays get her to the vet ASAP. Good luck!

Was she mated?
No she havent been mates i have a black bed sheet over her cage to not get disturbed

Back
Top Bottom