Food changes

LiloandYoda

Aloha everyone,

I have a few question pertaining to my two 4 month old Jackson's. they both have slowed down there eating I am not to sure why. I give them tons of water and lighting is perfect. How every the only thing I changed is the size of crickets. I got them a little bigger this time from the pet store and I don't know why but I guess they feel intimidated by them. Do you think that is the problem. other than that I keep them well hydrated and their constantly having a BM. Asking the expertise of people on here, is it possible that crickets are to big I can hand feed them to them but they just have trouble by themselves. Even though the crickets are right in front of them.

I would try smaller crickets, and also make sure your basking spot is the right temperature. Twice when my chams have stopped eating my basking bulb was burned out.

Nick

I would try smaller crickets, and also make sure your basking spot is the right temperature. Twice when my chams have stopped eating my basking bulb was burned out.

Nick

Thank you, ya I was considering getting smaller ones.

And I don't think its the light cause its barley a month old.

Thank you, ya I was considering getting smaller ones.

And I don't think its the light cause its barley a month old.

People usually, unless the temps don't call for it, have a basking light for heat and a UVB light for D3. Some people can get away with just the UVB lighting setup IF the temps from the lighting keeps the basking spot(place where they go warm up and digest their food) temps high enough. I know when I had my Jackson, the quad T5 setup I use kept the basking temps right where I needed them, unless it got cold in the house. Then I'd use a small household incandescent bulb to bring temps up a bit.
I think the smaller crickets are a good idea. :)

I agree with trying smaller crickets. My 2 year old panther chameleon seems to also be intimidated by very large crickets, especially if I let multiples go in his cage. He seems to eat a lot more readily if i use slightly smaller crickets (Which is strange because he can totally handle the large crickets. I think they just unnerve him).

I agree with trying smaller crickets. My 2 year old panther chameleon seems to also be intimidated by very large crickets, especially if I let multiples go in his cage. He seems to eat a lot more readily if i use slightly smaller crickets (Which is strange because he can totally handle the large crickets. I think they just unnerve him).

ya I Was thinking the same thing. thank you all for your expertise.

Back
Top Bottom